Georgia State 38 Tennessee 30

mcpapa

Tennessee hasn’t been relevant since Peyton Manning was in college.

1. I don't want to get in the middle of your all's sweet debate on who is allowed to be entitled and who isn't, but Tennessee has literally won a national title in football since Peyton left. So, they actually have been quite relevant since he left. By only one year, of course, but it made me chuckle so I had to share it.

Rest of the post is in general, not directed at Grant:

2. Tennessee is a great program historically, there is no reason to act like they aren't, and they have a huge and rabid fan base. However, they have made a series of horrible decisions that has resulted in them being where they are. I don't take any enjoyment in a fan base being miserable, I find that to be a really odd flex for other team's fans to use.

3. Also, and for the stat geeks out there, but I saw that according to the nebulous FPI, this was the 4th biggest upset in the history of college football.

4. Here is a crazy prediction, given their schedule (which isn't easy), but I think they rebound from this disaster to make a bowl game, albeit at 6-6. Will require an upset or two along the way, but I think they end up going 6-6.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. I don't want to get in the middle of your all's sweet debate on who is allowed to be entitled and who isn't, but Tennessee has literally won a national title in football since Peyton left. So, they actually have been quite relevant since he left. By only one year, of course, but it made me chuckle so I had to share it.

Rest of the post is in general, not directed at Grant:

2. Tennessee is a great program historically, there is no reason to act like they aren't, and they have a huge and rabid fan base. However, they have made a series of horrible decisions that has resulted in them being where they are. I don't take any enjoyment in a fan base being miserable, I find that to be a really odd flex for other team's fans to use.

3. Also, and for the stat geeks out there, but I saw that according to the nebulous FPI, this was the 4th biggest upset in the history of college football.

4. Here is a crazy prediction, given their schedule (which isn't easy), but I think they rebound from this disaster to make a bowl game, albeit at 6-6. Will require an upset or two along the way, but I think they end up going 6-6.

Any fanbase that goes out of its way to destroy an innocent mans character simply because they feel they deserve better is a fanbase that I will personally take joy from their misery. What they did to Greg Schiano was so ethically corrupt they deserve to suffer in misery because they brought this upon themselves. Not only was Greg Schiano a much better option as a head coach than Jeremy Pruitt, it was sweet justice after the fact when every single coach in America saw how toxic the Tennessee fanbase is and basically told Tennessee to take a hike and they were forced to settle on the one Saban assistant who no one was talking about being a head coach. The Tennessee fans who oppose the way the rest of their fanbase and school administrators handled the situation, I genuinely feel bad for but they are a very small percentage of the fanbase. I also feel bad for Jeremy Pruitt and I feel bad for the players, but the fans are the worst in the country by a wide margin.

Any fanbase that goes out of its way to destroy an innocent mans character simply because they feel they deserve better is a fanbase that I will personally take joy from their misery. What they did to Greg Schiano was so ethically corrupt they deserve to suffer in misery because they brought this upon themselves. Not only was Greg Schiano a much better option as a head coach than Jeremy Pruitt, it was sweet justice after the fact when every single coach in America saw how toxic the Tennessee fanbase is and basically told Tennessee to take a hike and they were forced to settle on the one Saban assistant who no one was talking about being a head coach. The Tennessee fans who oppose the way the rest of their fanbase and school administrators handled the situation, I genuinely feel bad for but they are a very small percentage of the fanbase. I also feel bad for Jeremy Pruitt and I feel bad for the players, but the fans are the worst in the country by a wide margin.

Kinda like the OSU fans that ran Herbstreit outta town. :lol2:

Kinda like the OSU fans that ran Herbstreit outta town. :lol2:

Those OSU fans represent the worst of our fanbase no doubt. That’s not the majority of the fanbase though and even then those OSU fans clearly didn’t destroy Herbstreits career.

Those OSU fans represent the worst of our fanbase no doubt. That’s not the majority of the fanbase though and even then those OSU fans clearly didn’t destroy Herbstreits career.

I don't think the Twitter portion of any fan base is the majority, either. Plus, UT fans didn't ruin Schiano's career.

Herby didn’t have to go after Terrelle Pryor either. He asked for that beef.

I will say Herbstreit should have known how ridiculous OSU fans are. I suppose he underestimated how upset they would get if he, you know, actually tried to do his job in an unbiased way.

I wondered where this one ranked. App. State and Michigan comes to mind for another one.

1. Howard over UNLV in 2017.

2. Stanford over USC in 2007.

3. Syracuse over Louisville in 2007.

4. Georgia State over Tennessee in 2019.

5. Temple over Virginia Tech in 1998.

10. Appy State over Michigan in 2007.

2007 was a heckuva year for upsets!!

I don't think the Twitter portion of any fan base is the majority, either. Plus, UT fans didn't ruin Schiano's career.

It wasn’t just the twitter portion of the Tennessee fanbase, it was actually the majority of the fanbase behind this. They 100% ruined Schianos career as a head coach.

It wasn’t just the twitter portion of the Tennessee fanbase, it was actually the majority of the fanbase behind this. They 100% ruined Schianos career as a head coach.

I agree with you that "those" UT fans definitely deserve what they have coming with Pruitt. But I don't agree they ruined Schiano's career. If he's the best candidate for a particular job, he'll coach again. If he's not, he won't.

1. Howard over UNLV in 2017.

2. Stanford over USC in 2007.

3. Syracuse over Louisville in 2007.

4. Georgia State over Tennessee in 2019.

5. Temple over Virginia Tech in 1998.

10. Appy State over Michigan in 2007.

2007 was a heckuva year for upsets!!

2007 was the weirdest season of college football ever. We were one week away from a Missouri/ West Virginia National Championship and Kansas was a top 10 team and won the Orange Bowl. The entire season from start to finish was wild.

I will say Herbstreit should have known how ridiculous OSU fans are. I suppose he underestimated how upset they would get if he, you know, actually tried to do his job in an unbiased way.

Yeah you’re right it’s a situation where his text to the coaches couldn’t fix the situation after the fact. He’s had a lot more success with that recently. He’s learned well from Seth Greenberg, take a jab to get some clout, then hop on KSR the next day saying “that’s not what I meant.” Didn’t work with Pryor.

2007 was the weirdest season of college football ever. We were one week away from a Missouri/ West Virginia National Championship and Kansas was a top 10 team and won the Orange Bowl. The entire season from start to finish was wild.

Agree 2007 was crazy college football season I can remember. Boston College, South Florida, and Kentucky were all top 10 teams at one point in 2007. Not to mention LSU making it to national championship with 2 losses.