28 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

• 5A Bullitt Central
    • 4A #1 Boyle County

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In reviewing Bullitt Central’s game against Seneca it looks as is their offense goes through junior RB Kylor Close. He had 18 carries for 339 yards and 3 scores. 18 YPC is impressive regardless of the opponent. QB Warren Coogle can get yards with both his arms and legs. He had 115 yards through the air and another 65 yards with 2 scores on the ground. Defensively James Barnhard stood out with 9 tackles, 4 for loss and a sack. Aaron Hornack came up with an impressive 3 interceptions along with 4 tackles.

Historically teams that rely on the ground game don’t fare so well against Chuck Smith’s defense. Bullitt Central will have to find a way to control the line of scrimmage or find success against a talented Boyle secondary. I think Bullitt Central will provide more of a challenge than Iroquois did in game 1 and Madison Central did in their scrimmage but I just can’t see where this isn’t a big win by Boyle. A running clock at halftime wouldn’t shock me but a 3rd quarter running clock seems likely. My guess is Boyle 43 Bullitt Central 7.

I look for Boyle's starters to at least play 3 quarter to get them ready for Danville. I don't see Bullitt Central running the ball on this Boyle D. We all know that Iroqouis didn't have a lot of player but anytime you hold a team to negative rushing yards that's a pretty good defense. Hope that Boyle will have #22 Sacco back this week to let him run the ball some. I look for Boyle to win big in this one 59-7 and the 7 I think will be against the 2nd team.