Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2A #3 Somerset at 5A Montgomery County Predictions/Updates

Who wins this matchup? 21 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins this matchup?

    • Somerset
      71%
    • Montgomery County
      28%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Who wins this matchup? Somerset beat a solid Rockastle County team last week. Montgomery County also got a win last week over Powell County.

Won't predict since I work for Lake Cumberland Sports who is covering the game. I know very little about MC but will say the Jumpers looked very good.

 

They have multiple weapons. Sheron did a great job at QB making great decisions and appeared to have improved his arm strength and accuracy.

 

Grundy and Gilmore played very well and when the defense cheated towards 1, the other stepped up. When Rock put extra help in the def. backfield the Jumpers gave the ball to Miller.

 

Defense was solid against a Rock offense that was searching for an identity. RC ran a lot of gun with 1 back but had most success when they played some old fashion power football. The formation changed but the O resembled some old Rock football on their best drive.

 

With 24 Srs. The Jumpers have the makings of a pretty good team. But we shall see

Somerset 28-14.

  • Author

Somerset by 16.

I'd say Somerset by a TD+. Montgomery got throttled by 1A Raceland 63-12. Also defeated a average 3A Powell Co.

I'd say Somerset by a TD+. Montgomery got throttled by 1A Raceland 63-12. Also defeated a average 3A Powell Co.

 

Is that Raceland score from a scrimmage?

Is that Raceland score from a scrimmage?

 

Yes but that was the score from what I was told after the 3 quarters the varsity played.

Yes the Raceland game was a scrimmage and the MOCO varsity only played the first quarter. So really that tells you nothing. Yes we played a average Powell County team but didn't Somerset play a less than average Rock Castle team. So really we don't know what somerset has. What I do know is MOCO is legit and they will find out on Friday.

I will be rooting for Somerset in this one. Beechwood plays Somerset next week. I always want to see Beechwood's opponents play well. That was a good win for Somerset last week.

Somerset by a couple of TD’s. Sheron will be the difference maker.

I will be rooting for Somerset in this one. Beechwood plays Somerset next week. I always want to see Beechwood's opponents play well. That was a good win for Somerset last week.

 

You're not fooling anyone, you just want the RPI bump if they win a bunch of games...:lol2:

Yes the Raceland game was a scrimmage and the MOCO varsity only played the first quarter. So really that tells you nothing. Yes we played a average Powell County team but didn't Somerset play a less than average Rock Castle team. So really we don't know what somerset has. What I do know is MOCO is legit and they will find out on Friday.

 

This early in the season it's hard to know what any team actually is. Rock and Powell could go on to have great seasons while Somerset and Montgomery County could fall on their faces. Somerset has a chance to be pretty good this year, but we'll have to see how it plays out.

I.M.O. which means nothing.

I think as I posted after seeing the Indians last week, they must find others to take the slack up for their stud fullback (Wheaton). As good as he is in that offense, he can't carry the team to the win against a team that is as experience, as a team with so many senors on it. I do not think they, the Indians can win if they throw only 5 times again, unless another back or two gets some meaningful touches. I believe it was Devin Johnson, who had a nice catch and run last week. He will have to see a few more balls his way as will #2 Austin Eichenberger. Kid looked like he could explode when ever he has the ball in his hand.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.