Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

1A #5 Newport Central Catholic vs. 5A Cooper Predictions/Updates

Who wins this matchup? 54 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins this matchup?

    • Newport Central Catholic
      51%
    • Cooper
      48%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Who wins this matchup? Newport Central Catholic beat Campbell County last week. Cooper also won last week as they beat Dixie Heights.

I’m taking NCC 33-17.

NCC has a good offense starting up front NCCs line will handle cooper and the WRs will be too much for cooper DBs.

I'll take Cooper, 28-14.

This has to be Cooper, right? I just can't imagine 1A NewCath can pull off a win over a "big school" two weeks in a row. Give me the Jags by 10 or so.

I'm taking New Cath in this one. I know Cooper has the Lee kid, but Dixie held him to 62 total yds rushing/receiving respectively. Dixie provided a good blue print for the Breds to follow.

This should be a good game, but I will say NCC by a score.

  • Author

Newport Central Catholic by 2.

NCC by double digits. Lee will be a non factor in this game. Not sure why he is not playing QB either?

The weather,being cool, helps NewCath and their small roster. 90 degrees and humid hurts a team with players going both ways. 78 degrees and moderate humidity, not so much. NewCath 22-13.

Taking Cooper by a score. Love how many think just because Cooper only scored 7 last week it’s an automatic win for NCC. As for Lee not playing QB it’s an excellent decision. 1. The Sophomore QB they have is going to be very good and it allows him to develop more over the next 2 seasons. He’s got a nice arm and can sling it 2. It takes a ton of pressure off Lee since he goes both ways and teams can’t stack the box to try and contain him.

Lee will be the best athlete on the field and offensively when he’s moved around he can’t be doubled.

 

Lastly, Cooper has two very good RBs that can pose a problem as well.

 

If the Cooper defense continues to build from their scrimmages and last weeks game I’ll take the Jags in this one.

Is this game on Friday or Saturday? I see that Newport is schedule to play Brossart on Friday at home.

Is this game on Friday or Saturday? I see that Newport is schedule to play Brossart on Friday at home.

 

Good question. KHSAA schedule shows both Newport and Newport Central Catholic at home Friday night at 7 pm. There is only one field at Newport Stadium.

Good question. KHSAA schedule shows both Newport and Newport Central Catholic at home Friday night at 7 pm. There is only one field at Newport Stadium.

 

This game is being played at CovCath.

I think NewCath's defense will show to be just as good if not better than Dixie's this year, but I also think Cooper's defense will be better than Campbell County's. I don't think this one will be very high scoring as the offenses continue to try to find their way. Probably a couple turnovers by both teams. NewCath 20-10

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.