"That needs to be SportsCenter's Top 10" high school moments you've seen.

Colonels_Wear_Blue

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't see this one in person, but it made the #2 spot back on 3/9/19.

Madisonville's Kenny White takes the ball down the court, including a sweet little behind the back dribble, then trips and makes a blind scoop-shot layup as he's falling. That was from Madisonville's losing effort against Warren Central in the second round of the Sweet 16.

The play that made the highlight reel starts at about the 43 second mark in the video.

I guarantee I can pull out highlights from Brandon Ford and Corey Jackson’s time at Mercer County in 2006 and they’ll both have multiple entries.

I also guarantee that Rees Macshara and his time at Boyle County produced multiple entries as well.

Having watched those three so much and been in awe of so many of their performances it is hard for me to think of one or two particular moments that stand out.

I guarantee I can pull out highlights from Brandon Ford and Corey Jackson’s time at Mercer County in 2006 and they’ll both have multiple entries.

I also guarantee that Rees Macshara and his time at Boyle County produced multiple entries as well.

Having watched those three so much and been in awe of so many of their performances it is hard for me to think of one or two particular moments that stand out.

I used to love watching Friday Night Lights on KYT. The Mercer kid was unreal, plenty of cheat codes.

I didn't see this one in person, but it made the #2 spot back on 3/9/19.

Madisonville's Kenny White takes the ball down the court, including a sweet little behind the back dribble, then trips and makes a blind scoop-shot layup as he's falling. That was from Madisonville's losing effort against Warren Central in the second round of the Sweet 16.

The play that made the highlight reel starts at about the 43 second mark in the video.

You know, I was going to say I hadn’t seen any in person, but I absolutely saw this one. It was utterly ridiculous.

Here's one I remember hearing about. This was my senior season. Jared Lorenzen and Highlands were playing at Sheldon Clark in the 1998 AAA semifinals. Jim Matney was the head coach for Sheldon Clark, and he recently recalled this play in an interview for the news following Jared's death:

"The first touchdown of the game, he scrambled around and we hit him with a full out blitz, and out linebacker bounced off of him. And he threw a lazer-dart 50 yards to the endzone and he hit one of his players in the side of the helmet. It careened all the way to the corner of the endzone, and another receiver caught it."

o7j2AiF.jpg

Here's one I remember hearing about. This was my senior season. Jared Lorenzen and Highlands were playing at Sheldon Clark in the 1998 AAA semifinals. Jim Matney was the head coach for Sheldon Clark, and he recently recalled this play in an interview for the news following Jared's death:

"The first touchdown of the game, he scrambled around and we hit him with a full out blitz, and out linebacker bounced off of him. And he threw a lazer-dart 50 yards to the endzone and he hit one of his players in the side of the helmet. It careened all the way to the corner of the endzone, and another receiver caught it."

That play is insane on several fronts. Thanks for sharing it.