Covington Catholic's Michael Mayer

Moving on up. After Michael's performance at The Opening, USA Today now has him ranked as the #8 recruit nationally for the class of 2020.

Paris Johnson, who transferred from Cincinnati St. Xavier to Princeton High School in Cincinnati, was also on the list at #13, as was Reggie Grimes of Ravenwood (TN), who came in at #19.

Bryan Bresee in the top spot for USA TODAY's Chosen 25 2020 High School Football Recruiting Rankings

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great question, up until yesterday and the article I read, he was heading to Notre Dame in January. If that has changed, and apparently it has, basketball is at least feasibly possible (although I can't imagine he'll play, but who knows).

Can you fill in us, the uninitiated, why Michael, according to said article, will not be leaving early to Notre Dame?

Great player and young man! Happy to see him be rewarded. I too thought he was leaving in December, I know that there are a couple private schools in Louisville that don’t allow it, does Cov Cath allow students to leave early? Not saying that’s the reason but I was just wondering.