Breckinridge County 10 Beechwood 6 (8 innings) (KHSAA State Baseball Quarterfinal)

Breckinridge poured on 4 runs in the top of the 8th for the win.

Brock Lucas gets the win for BC.

Carter Noah takes the loss for Beechwood.

Great season Beechwood.

Congrats Breckinridge County!

Great season for Beechwood. Anything can happen in baseball. It sounds like the Tigers defense made a couple mistakes and Breckinridge County took full advantage. Good for them making the most of the opportunities.

The Beechwood Tigers put their best on the mound so no second guessing. It just didn't work out. A great senior class. Best wishes to all and wishing continued baseball success to all the seniors who are moving on to the next level.

Breckinridge County is the real deal.

They play a solid game. Their defense is solid, and they put the ball in play. Along with some impressive arms, and good team speed.

As with most good teams, you give them a break, they take advantage of it.

This reminds me of 2005 when BW was playing Trinity and had a lead on them before the game was postponed due to lightning. Came back the next day and lost. Unfortunate for BW, great season nonetheless.

I know BW did not have the lead this year but they seemingly had the momentum in the last few innings.

Very impressed with Breckinridge County and their fans last night. There were a lot of them and they were loud. Great turnout from their fan base, they were really into the game, seemingly hanging on every pitch.

I work with guy that lives there. He said whole county going to be up there tomorrow.

I work with guy that lives there. He said whole county going to be up there tomorrow.

Not saying this as a slight, but I don't know of any other big successes in sports for Breckinridge County. If that is correct, this is history making stuff in that county and you sure want to be there if you are connected in any way to the school/county. It makes me want to root for them too now that Beechwood is out.

Not saying this as a slight, but I don't know of any other big successes in sports for Breckinridge County. If that is correct, this is history making stuff in that county and you sure want to be there if you are connected in any way to the school/county. It makes me want to root for them too now that Beechwood is out.

They've been state champs in boys basketball a couple of times.

State basketball champs in 1965 and 1995 and produced Hall of Famer Butch Beard but no real baseball success. This year was their first ever Region baseball championship.

They've been state champs in boys basketball a couple of times.

State basketball champs in 1965 and 1995 and produced Hall of Famer Butch Beard but no real baseball success. This year was their first ever Region baseball championship.

Thanks! I did not remember that. Butch Beard was a total stud.