State Track Meet: performance lists & roster

I scored the AAA meet just off performance list. Be interesting what final results are.

1. St.X 68

2. Scott County 65

3. Male 46

4. Henry Clay 42

5. Trinity 38

6. Fern Creek 34

7. Frederick Douglass 30

These look to be the main team title contenders.

I scored the AAA meet just off performance list. Be interesting what final results are.

1. St.X 68

2. Scott County 65

3. Male 46

4. Henry Clay 42

5. Trinity 38

6. Fern Creek 34

7. Frederick Douglass 30

These look to be the main team title contenders.

I would always do the same thing. And check to see if anyone could threaten a state record based on performance lists.

We at Mason County were blessed to have the best Kentucky thrower in a generation in Andy Fryman. Mid-60s in the shot; 190s in the discus. Placed fourth or fifth in the hammer throw in the 2016 Olympic trials, I think.

And the best KY HS distance runner I ever saw, particularly when factoring XC into the equation, was Bobby Curtis from St. X.

I like how KHSAA lists all record holders for events that include the A, AA, AAA and national records. It's nice to see how each competitor compares to the best of the best.

Michael Carter’s national shot put record is freakish.

Michael Carter’s national shot put record is freakish.

You are correct, sir. That caught my attention, too.

On the boys side, it looks like the oldest state record is in the shot put....held by Jesse Stuart of Glasgow (1969) followed by 2 records from 1985------Eastern in the 4x400 relay and William White of Shelby County in the long jump, then Matt Reecer of Trinity in the high jump (1997).

Edited by tcjkbt