Reds vs. Cardinals 4/13 and 4/14 (In Mexico)

It's an honor to be tabbed to be another thread starter. I'll do my best to try and continue the winning ways for y'all.

The Reds begin a two game series in Mexico against the Cardinals tomorrow night. The games are played in Mexico, but are scheduled as home games for Cincinnati. It is about as pivotal of an early season series as you can have. Come out at least .500 and you feel pretty good given what series against the Cardinals have been like recently. Go in and get swept and everyone leaves thinking the 3 games against the Marlins were nothing more than beating an inept franchise.

My prediction, the Reds split the series.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can say that this series really irritates me.

Not only does the MLB take a home series away from the Reds (making it more difficult for people like me to hit bonuses) they take away a weekend series, leaving zero weekend games in April. And to top it all off, they do it against a division rival. Not thrilled.

I can say that this series really irritates me.

Not only does the MLB take a home series away from the Reds (making it more difficult for people like me to hit bonuses) they take away a weekend series, leaving zero weekend games in April. And to top it all off, they do it against a division rival. Not thrilled.

I've wondered since this was released how much MLB sweetens the pot for this. For all the reasons you mentioned, St. Louis travels well, weekend, etc. You have to think Cincinnati gets something for that.

I've wondered since this was released how much MLB sweetens the pot for this. For all the reasons you mentioned, St. Louis travels well, weekend, etc. You have to think Cincinnati gets something for that.

An usher and I were talking about that yesterday. We both believed that they have to receive some decent compensation for it.

Just saw the Reds added Ervin as their 26th man for this series. Why do they get an extra player for Mexico?

Because if some one gets injured it would take too long to get another player for the next day.

Right. Reds.com says the game will be nationally televised on ESPN, but it's at 4:10 ET, not at night.

My "trusty" CinBell Fioptics schedule says 7pm FoxSports Ohio. I don't see it listed on any ESPN channel for any time slot.