UK 87 DePaul 81

SomersetFootball

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I honestly can't believe that everyone is so impressed with the offense. They scored 87 points (I will give you that) but how many of those points came out of a half court set??? Most of thier points last night were in transition (Which they are very good at) and breaking people down off the dribble. I think we stand WAY to much on the offensive end and eventually teams are going to try and slow it down on us and make us beat them in a half court set which I am not sure we can do right now. I hope that changes soon!

Our offense looked better last night than they have in a really long time. I thought there was a decent amount of movement. We took a few bad shots, but just about all teams do.

Why? Because he's an upperclassman. One thing about Tubby, if you are a junior or senior, you are going to get a lot of minutes.

I just can't understand ever letting Thomas play more than 10 minutes in any game. Stevenson was uncomfortable and not able to matchup defensively last night, but he still managed 3 rebounds and 2 points in only 12 minutes of play. Heck, Jasper grabbed 3 rebounds from the PG position in only 7 minutes.

I'm not disagreeing with your logic, just pointing out a consistency of Tubby's. He likes to play older players, no matter their ability level.

Yeah, I know you weren't going against me. I just think at some point you have to pretty much give up on certain players and try to develop replacements. If he hasn't improved in 4 years, he's probably not going to pan out for you.

Here's my favorite stat line of the night:

Sheray Thomas

26 Min., 1-2 FG 1 Reb 1 Ast. 1 PF 2 Pts.

Why Tubby, why?

He also had zero turnovers. He set good solid screens without moving, and was active on both ends. I have seen Stevenson standing a lot on offense and Sheray moved around and helped spread the floor. Sheray wasnt overly impressive last night, but he was solid and played his role well.