UK 87 DePaul 81

SomersetFootball

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Those hanicappers are amazing I tell ya. Id love to know how the heck they can come so close all the time.

Next up #5 UCLA. I believe its a game UK should win. This team has what it takes to win this thing they just have to go out and do it.

Wish I could share your optimism. Tubby was dead on in the post game interview, defense has to improve. They got beaten off the dribble waaaaaay to easily tonight. Gave up the baseline so often. This team is very raw, but does have some potential.

Good win and going to be a tough matchup against UCLA. Bradley and Morris played well Crawford had a good 2nd half. Stevenson was way over matched against Chandler but to his defense most players would be. Bobby Perry chipped in nicely with some buckets and the Bench came into the game and was solid.:ylsuper:

Wish I could share your optimism. Tubby was dead on in the post game interview, defense has to improve. They got beaten off the dribble waaaaaay to easily tonight. Gave up the baseline so often. This team is very raw, but does have some potential.

I agree with Tubby too that the D needs to pick it up. But when I look at the teams left in the tourney while all good top 25 teams, nothing about the teams that screams out at me that UK cant beat them. I think they have as much talent and team chemistry as the rest of the teams left in the tourney.

Does Tubby teach these guys defensive rotations? Or has Randolph Morris and the rest of the big men not listened to a coach ever? Never once was a foot put on the baseline.

Also, have we practiced a zone before? We were way out of position in the 2-3 and let DePaul shoot themselves back into the game in the first half. The D MUST improve.

Nice win tonight for the Cats....Morris looked very solid once again, but I'm not sold on Bradley at the point yet....He wants to shoot way too much for a PG. I'm not real sure why Jasper didn't get off the bench in the 2nd half. I think he would have been helpful.

Tomorrow night should be pretty tough but I think the D is going to perform a heck of a lot better than it did tonight.

I thought Crawford, after taking off the 1st half really came to play in the 2nd half. He did what I expect him to do. He hit the 3, penetrated, scored with his mid range game, and got some big offensive boards. Defensively however he struggled some.

Woo gave us a big lift. All 4 freshmen did some positive things. I believe in a month Jasper will have his turnovers cut down and his assist will go up. Like the other freshmen, hes still getting a feel for what he can do. Porter gave us a nice boost!