It's Been Five Years

Run To State

So hard to believe it's been five years since we lost our dear friend, Birdsfan. I remember that fateful day like it was yesterday. The wonderful times we had as friends softens the pain, but I miss him terribly. He was such a great friend as well as a mentor to me in many ways.

In some ways, BGP just isn't the same without him, but I thank Guru for this great place he created where we all gather. It's because of BGP, and God, that I got to become friends with Dave. Please say a prayer for his wonderful family today. God bless you Dave/Birdsfan!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTvjn8c8Jv-W2B9fQMpXPKAmBNc6XXJujRCtHtkHOSUu9G67pxETQ

Birdsfan was a classmate of mine at Highlands High School. I am not sure that many people know this about him, but he got involved with the class reunion committee before he passed and made the suggestion that we create a scholarship to be given to a Highlands senior to honor the memory of our fallen classmates. To this very day, that scholarship continues to be given out to not one, but two Highlands seniors each and every year. The scholarship is funded through the generous donations of members of the class of 1983. At Birdsfan's request, the scholarship is not based upon merit, but more about the character of the person and the pride they exhibit in being a Bluebird for life.

Birdsfan may be gone, but he will never be forgotten at Highlands High School and the Fort Thomas community.