The New Playoff System Is So Bad....

gametime

No disrespect to Henry Clay, Ryle, or Henderson Co., but the obvious problem with the new format is the fact that Male will not be in the finals. H vs. T deserved to be the culmination of the year and not a quarterfinal game. Now I happen to feel that Henry Clay might be the third best 4A team in the state and will give T a game, but having Ryle or Henderson Co. in the finals could make for an anticlimactic blowout of a state championship.

As to the thread starter noting that games were close this past weekend, that's great! But I would rather see close games the next two weeks. If that happens then the new playoff system is fine, but I believe there will be semi-final and final games that will be a bit more lopsided than in years past. I hope I'm wrong.

Would it really make you feel that much better if Male had made it further? They must not be the best team in the state if they didn't beat Trinity.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why did H vs. T DESERVE to be the culmination. Why is it that another AAAA should have to beat two out of the three big three to win state when they are all from the same city. This is ludicrous. There is nothing in the Ten Commandments or the Constitution that says that Louisville teams should be pitted on different sides of the playoff brackets. We are one of the only states in the union that have ever had more than one team out of the same city make the finals in the same class.

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Ashland is nowhere near the team that Highlands is. They haven't been on that level for quite some time, IMO.

I guess you'll kick a dog while their down??? I really don't understand why you would say this??

GO RED DEVILS...Of course we beat you both:devil:

In the old system it allowed for Trinity v. St. X/Male in the final game, but what if another matchup arose like this years Trinity/Male matchup. Neither system was designed to pit the two best teams in the state together for the state championship. Ultimately, the best team in the state wins the title.

I guess you'll kick a dog while their down??? I really don't understand why you would say this??

GO RED DEVILS...Of course we beat you both:devil:

I said Ashland's program was not on the Highlands level. Don't mistake that as a personal insult or a veiled dig at Ashland, it was neither.

Your tradition is amazing, particularly your domination of my Pirates over time. But your program is nowhere near the level that Highlands has maintained. Nearly nobody's program is.

What I typed was not a slam on Ashland, just a statement of fact, at least as I see it. It wasn't intended to be a put down to Ashland, and I wasn't kicking you while you are down. I'm sorry if my comments came across that way. I respect the heck out of the Tomcat program and what they have done.

I disagreed with the poster who was equating Ashland to HHS, nothing more, nothing less, and definitely no hidden agenda. I hope you can see that and take it in the context I intended it.