O.J. Mayo to USC, what you think?

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

USC ticket sales just increased and so did their national exposure. I'm a fan of Mayo the basketball player and hope he does well in college.

I talked with him once after a game, shook his hand and said "excellent game young man and keep working hard"....Mayo replied, "yes sir, I will".

STRIKE3 , same type of response I got from the kid when he was in the 8th grade at a tournament we play four years ago , I hope he keeps a level head in the Hollywood state. Actually my youngest son 8 at the time got his autograph

STRIKE3 , same type of response I got from the kid when he was in the 8th grade at a tournament we play four years ago , I hope he keeps a level head in the Hollywood state. Actually my youngest son 8 at the time got his autograph
....:thumb:

He's worked all his life, to be one of the best and none of us, know what that burden feels like, to be constantly observed and micromanaged by adults. Being known nationally by not just coaches but any basketball fan, could overwhelm most....Mayo the basketball player and young man, has a promising future and I hope achieves any goal he has.

He faces the same trecherous waters as Lebron did even though he will be attending college. I hope the faculty and staff of USC will do all they can to protect this young phenom from all the sharks just looking to make a buck off of him and his name till he reaches the pros. Yes ticket sales will soar as will T.V. coverage for USC, so in return they should make every effort to minimize the amount of pressure this young man will feel until he is able to shoulder it himself.

If accurate the most impressive aspect of the signing was the reported ACT score of 29.
A 29 is impressive for kids that spend a lot of time studying. I know Juice is bright, but there's no way I would have guessed a 29 with all the demands he has on his time. Very impressive if true. :thumb:

I'm sure with the "stars" on the FB team the past few seasons/decades that the AD and staff at USC will handle OJ mania quite easily. The question now is will OJ handle LA as easily? Stay strong young man !!!

I would guess with all of the travel he's done w/AAU, etc. he's more prepared than the "normal" recruit. I hope he goes to USC and does very well, and I hope he gets a degree eventually. Shoe deals end after so long! I wish him nothing but luck. Fine young man IMO.