Covington Catholic faces backlash after tense exchange with indigenous marchers

futurecoach

To those who think expulsion should be off the table...

CovCath’s sister school has expelled high schoolers for getting pregnant(which I have opinions about)...it’s 100% because of the optics. They want to hold students to a standard that doesn’t “embarrass” the school.

If CovCath doesn’t expel these kids they’re being as soft as sin.

So if they decide to expel there was like 50 kids there right? Would they just watch the video and decide who the ring leaders were? Or just the main kid that got in the Native Americans face?

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So if they decide to expel there was like 50 kids there right? Would they just watch the video and decide who the ring leaders were? Or just the main kid that got in the Native Americans face?

That’s the issue with expulsion, how do you decide who gets it?

You’re not watching the same video. Clearly.

At what point does Mr. Phillips walk up and get in the kids face?

Well, we'll just have to agree to disagree here. I've watched it ten times over. That kid is standing at the same spot that he was in at the 0:08 mark as well as the 0:34 mark and as well as the 0:54 mark. He doesn't move.

Not sure what your seeing.

Well, we'll just have to agree to disagree here. I've watched it ten times over. That kid is standing at the same spot that he was in at the 0:08 mark as well as the 0:34 mark and as well as the 0:54 mark. He doesn't move.

Okay. :lol2:

Did you read the sentence that came after what you bolded?

And I'm not clinging to anything. I just want facts to be clear.

Sure did, did you because regardless of that statement you still act like you don't see anything a little bit off about the kid's smug stare down, and what it represents.

Let’s pretend the gentleman approached the kid. So what? That would be AFTER they surrounded him. How would him approaching the kid while singing and playing a drum change anything whatsoever?

You think so, huh?

It's alright to admit that your argument is misguided, and we'll forgive you while you let go of your firm grip of it.

Please, go back and read. My argument was that this kid didn't run into position to impede the man. That is it.

The kid should have moved aside.

Judge away though. It's what you guys do. You need to go back and read post #123. That is my position, it is and it always has been. Kid did a dumb thing by not moving aside. He, the students, the school are paying the price now.