Danville 89 Garrard County 82

Wasn't able to attend but followed on Twitter. Close for the first half, Danville pulled away a touch in the third. Looked like an intense, good ball game.

Scoring provided by Matt Overing at the Danville Advocate-Messenger:

Danville - St. Martin 20, Hayden 16, Dawson 12, Thornton 12, Bell 11, Wood 10, Hill 8.

Garrard - Sebastian 44, Burkhart 16, Jones 7, Milburn 7, Wall 5, Cornett 3.

Current district standings:

1. Danville (3-0)

2. Garrard County (1-1)

3. Boyle County (1-2)

4. Lincoln County (0-2)

5. Kentucky School f/t Deaf (-)

Two big games this coming week as Garrard County travels to Lincoln County on Tuesday, then Garrard goes to Boyle on Friday.

Lions played their tails off. Sebastian led the way with 44 points and 10 rebounds. Danville shot the ball extremely well, and I don’t believe some of those players make those shots on a consistent basis. Danville only outrebounded Garrard by 4 tonight. No easy route to the 12th Region Tourney in the 45th. Coach Young will have these guys ready by tournament time. He always does.

They have been making them all year do your homework!! Garrad played a good game though not taking anything away from them. Your comment makes it seem like we were lucky. Game was not as close as score. IJS

Edited by AdmiralFan71
Mistakes

They have been making them all year do your homework!! Garrad played a good game though not taking anything away from them. Your comment makes it seem like we were lucky. Game was not as close as score. IJS

I don't want to speak for @LethalPG but looking at the stats going into tonight Danville was shooting 30% as a team from three-point range and 20% of their made baskets were three-pointers. Garrard (and every other team) is going to gear their defense toward stopping Danville's penetration and short range shots and take their chances on the Admirals beating them from behind the three point line. How successful will that strategy be over the remainder of the season? Only time will tell.

Off subject, why is Danville the ONLY team in the District to not have the top bleachers open? District games get crowded and they only have the bottom open. Makes no sense to me. Was told they put brand new bleachers in last year. Talking about a waste of money.

PREACH!!!!!

Off subject, why is Danville the ONLY team in the District to not have the top bleachers open? District games get crowded and they only have the bottom open. Makes no sense to me. Was told they put brand new bleachers in last year. Talking about a waste of money.

Yes! Especially for district games. Boyle and Garrard have permanent upper bleachers so they can't move. Lincoln has adjustable bleachers up top but they're always open for district games. Does Danville want everyone lower to make for better atmosphere? To keep from having to clean up as much after the game?

Yes! Especially for district games. Boyle and Garrard have permanent upper bleachers so they can't move. Lincoln has adjustable bleachers up top but they're always open for district games. Does Danville want everyone lower to make for better atmosphere? To keep from having to clean up as much after the game?

I think its the clean up part. It's sad and being lazy if you ask me. It gets to crowded during District games to have just the bottom open. Oh well that's Danville for you.

Nope just going off stats. Kudos to the young men making shots. The better team won, but they aren’t untouchable like others on here have made them out to be. Any team is this district CAN beat them. Does it mean it’ll happen? No. But definitely possible.

I didn’t see anyone tonight having to stand because there wasn’t a place to sit. Actually heard several people say they where surprised garrard didn’t bring more fans. That side of gym definitely had plenty of room to sit.

Good win for the ADS. They didn’t play as good as they have been, mainly on the defensive end but still got the win.

That was what stuck out for me. They played outstanding defense against Boyle County the other night. If they commit on the defensive end like they did that night then I think they are scary good.