Quade Green to Transfer

HammerTime

Just curious how that works. Didn't think other schools could be involved in discussing a player transferring until they've officially put in their transfer papers, or something like that.

Once an athlete notifies the school of intent to transfer, the school (UK in this instance) have two days to enter the transferring athlete into the NCAA portal. This portal allows the transfer to be recruited again just as if they were still in HS, it's a more ethical approach than it was before. Schools can constantly monitor the portal and reach out to an athlete if they are interested in them. This method gives the athlete more control than the school, it also puts an end to restricting an athlete from transferring to certain school.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would be very surprised if he ever sniffs the first round. There are only a handful of players in the league his size.

It takes way too much effort to communicate sarcasm on here with a cell phone. Sometimes you just say what you're thinking and hope people pick up on it.

Quade is following the Chaz Matthews, Isaac Humphries, SKJ, Marcus Lee and probably soon to be Nick Richards path, trying to develop somewhere else.

Cal is designed for high 5 stars, not misevaluated 4 stars.

You are making a good point to some extent.

What do you do with Josh Harrelson? Darius Miller? Deandre Liggins? Willie Cauley Stein?

Kid’s draft stock wasn’t as good as others so Cal just threw him to the side....don’t blame him one bit for leaving.....Cuse is getting a great player and can play zone or any other defense just fine....and will be getting much better coaching

Is there a KY coach that this didn't happen too in the past?

You are making a good point to some extent.

What do you do with Josh Harrelson? Darius Miller? Deandre Liggins? Willie Cauley Stein?

Jorts got in shape and had an NBA frame anywhere. Cal tried to run him off and Matt Jones of all people, told him not to do it.

WCS was underrated and a freak athlete. A 7’1” guy who runs like a 2 guard is gonna catch on at some point.

Miller and Liggins were fringe NBA guys like Terrance Jones & PJ and somehow, Poythress falls into this category.

You could make an argument Poythress is Cal’s biggest failure. But guys like Quade aren’t meant for Cal.

Jorts got in shape and had an NBA frame anywhere. Cal tried to run him off and Matt Jones of all people, told him not to do it.

WCS was underrated and a freak athlete. A 7’1” guy who runs like a 2 guard is gonna catch on at some point.

Miller and Liggins were fringe NBA guys like Terrance Jones & PJ and somehow, Poythress falls into this category.

You could make an argument Poythress is Cal’s biggest failure. But guys like Quade aren’t meant for Cal.

I guess it's how you wish to look at it.

The Harrelson I saw prior to 2011 would never have seen the floor. And he did work himself into the pros. But at what point does work and coaching collide? Who gets to determine it and what are the measures?

Same with WCS by his Junior year. In the year prior to Cal, Miller and Liggins were lost boys. Then they spend 2 and 3 years with Cal and they are NBA draft picks. Terrence Jones was 5 star and so was Poythress so I didn't look at them cause I thought we were talking about 4 and lower stars.

I guess it's how you wish to look at it.

The Harrelson I saw prior to 2011 would never have seen the floor. And he did work himself into the pros. But at what point does work and coaching collide? Who gets to determine it and what are the measures?

Same with WCS by his Junior year. In the year prior to Cal, Miller and Liggins were lost boys. Then they spend 2 and 3 years with Cal and they are NBA draft picks. Terrence Jones was 5 star and so was Poythress so I didn't look at them cause I thought we were talking about 4 and lower stars.

Cal not getting “lottery pick talent” seems to be his downfall. We had a fun year with Fox and Monk. Outside or that, it seems to be extreme highs and lows.

If Cal goes back to getting 2 of the top 6 players in the class, all of the UK crap this year is fixed. Prob is, that’s not happening.

Amazing isn't it how Cal gets zero credit for developing the guys that exceed expectations, but all the blame when players don't pan out or decide to leave?

I'll say it again, Kentucky fans are the worst. They (We) deserve coaches and seasons like Billy Clyde.

:thumb: Breaking news, some guys workout and some guys don't and it doesn't always have anything to do with Cal. Anthony Davis is probably what he is no matter what. Josh Harrelson probably didn't see the NBA without him. Plenty of Duke or KU guys flop in the NBA and sometimes it has nothing to do with the coach.

Cal not getting “lottery pick talent” seems to be his downfall. We had a fun year with Fox and Monk. Outside or that, it seems to be extreme highs and lows.

If Cal goes back to getting 2 of the top 6 players in the class, all of the UK crap this year is fixed. Prob is, that’s not happening.

So basically you pick and choose which fits your argument? You state guys who transferred because they wouldn't develop under Cal. Someone shows you guys who did, and yet still give no credit to him for it?

You also have zero idea how those guys would have developed if they stayed at UK until they were seniors. I guarantee you Quade Green as a senior looks ten times better than green as a Sophomore. Richards has shown much improvement from last year, and if he stays until his senior year. I would bet he would end up being a lottery pick. Some of the guys you mentioned, seem more like guys who were expecting to come in and be stars and big minutes like other UK guys under Cal. Then they quickly realized that wasn't the case. So instead of staying, they look for an easier route and less competition.

There has also been guys since Cal has been here. That were expected to be guys who are here for a few years. Yet they do so well, that they were able to leave early. But I guess that doesn't count for development either?

I will present once again the 2011 and 2014 teams to you. Those teams didn't have the type of elite can't miss talent that you keep referring to that Cal has to have to win. They were talented yes, elite can't miss talent no. Talent that is very similar to the talent they have now, yes. 5 Star guys who might not be can't miss guys. Yet went to the final four with the 2011 team and was National Runner Up's in 2014. As I mentioned somehow people always ignore those years though when talking about Cal.