Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Somerset 34 Harlan 7

Featured Replies

Look and see if you are on Danvilles schedule next year. No you are not because your coach said you could no longer compete on that level.

Did you hear him say that? I doubt it, Somerset has always played a top notch schedule. I don't know Somerset's schedule next year but if Danville isn't on it, it's not because Somerset can't compete at a top notch level.

  • Replies 57
  • Views 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Danville has nothing to do with this thread. Let's stay on topic here.

We might as well try a higher class district...We Dominated this one! :lol:

 

P.S. NG73 you should remember me!

You never told me who you were, but i certainly know by now you weren't the "itty-bitty" center on the offensive line. However, dominated? Don't think so....abused, nah. Faster, definetly, however, it doesn't take much to outrun a group full of farm boys, but you can never out-hit them. You might have won some games while playing in this district, but, let's remember years before when the admirals "bent you over and tore you a new one". You all beat fair and square, and congradulations. How many senior linemen were there? And to Cole, you're fast, but our KICKER...yes KICKER was able to cover you...there's proof for ya Notre Dame!

NG73, I disagree with you about Harlan out hitting Somerset. I think that Somerset's defense proved last Friday that they were the best defense in the region. I also don't understand why you have to bring up the Ads to fight your battles for you? Oh well I understand it's tough to lose a playoff game and be forced to sit on the sidelines the rest of the season. I've been there too(a few years back but I still remember the feeling). You guys had great heart and fought hard in this game. The best team won(twice). You had a great season! Be proud!

 

Oh yeah and by the way, I remember that "itty-bitty" center getting all over you boys and making some great blocks down field as well. He did his playing between the whistles and maybe that is why you don't remember. It's not wise to get on here and "show your butt" because it not only makes you look bad but reflects badly upon your whole community.

 

P.S.- One final Congratulations to boys in Purple and Gold this week for making it to the Regional final to defend your title!!!:dancingpa

You never told me who you were, but i certainly know by now you weren't the "itty-bitty" center on the offensive line. However, dominated? Don't think so....abused, nah. Faster, definetly, however, it doesn't take much to outrun a group full of farm boys, but you can never out-hit them. You might have won some games while playing in this district, but, let's remember years before when the admirals "bent you over and tore you a new one". You all beat fair and square, and congradulations. How many senior linemen were there? And to Cole, you're fast, but our KICKER...yes KICKER was able to cover you...there's proof for ya Notre Dame!

This wasn't there the first time around(good edit). Somerset didn't try to throw to Cole. ;) Why would they want to when you put 4 secondary players over the top of him? That is why they threw to other people that were wide open and ran the ball with ease. No offense but there isn't a player on Harlan's team that could run with/cover Cole. Just a good gameplan to use Cole to win and they didn't even have to throw it to him for it to happen.

One thing that makes defenses better is a great offense. Offensive success breeds defensive success with rest, encouragement and reward for stops. IMO Harlan has the best defense in the district, but I know its arguable esp. for the Jumper fans. If Harlan's offense were able to generate more good things, the defense would look a lot better. Somerset's D got more successful as the offense started winning in the district. Again, rest, reward for stops, seeing positives on the scoreboard. I can't prove this, but I believe it. NG, time to let it go. Lets get past the what ifs. End of the day, its a game. As far as Cole/Deaton and Co., you have to limit Cole. To do that you have to double, when you double, you just hope no one else can damage you. Prob. with Somerset is, lots of folks can hurt you. Now that Hunter is back, as I've said before, kind of completes this team. And Deaton can really run. Should have no trouble with Hazard, but be careful, they've become kind of Golden here at the end. Guys, lots of good players on both Harlan and Somerset, no use in beating it to death. Somebody start a new thread. I'm tired.

First off your post has the smell of sour grapes to it. I guess after taking a pounding like you did last night and like the district has over the last 4 years I can understand it. However, if you think that the KHSAA just lets Somerset pick excactly what district that they get to play in you are sadly mistaken. Yes, they did petition to move to 3A next year--the trips were shorter and the distict has 6 teams in it as opposed to 5 so it makes it a little easier to fill out a schedule. The reason Somerset moved to YOUR (I guess since we went 23-3 in it we should call it OUR) district is because our old district of Cambellsville, Metcalfe Co., Danville, and Harrodsburg was split up. Danville ended up with Trimble, Frankfort, Carroll, and Owen Co. The other teams were shipped off to the western part of the state. Somerset didn't excactly fit in there anywhere. As for running from Danville that is really silly--Somerset has played the Admirals EVERY year since leaving that district. I'm sorry that you were spanked last night but don't make it worse by taking cheap shots at the team that beat you. Don't worry though you can have OUR district back now, we're done with it:thumb:[/quote

 

Boy it doesn't take much for you to revert does it? And I thought you had changed? You even alluded in your own post that you "hoped" it wasn't due to strength. Somerset may have won, but spanked? Pounded? Don't think so. Outscored, outplayed maybe, but physically whipped, nope, sorry. Maybe we can get back to nice now.

 

Read my first post on this topic. I was nothing but complimentary of the Dragons. However after one of the Dragons chose to take a cheap shot over our district next year I responded. And yes when you get beat 34-7 you pretty much got spanked, I never said that the Jumpers physically outmuscled the Dragons, however they beat them easily, thus the spanked remark. Like I said I respect the team the Dragons had this year--its just when I read comments like NG put up there I get the feeling that it isn't mutual. He had his chance to prove who was better on the field and failed, TWICE. That's the reason for my post that upset you.

You never told me who you were, but i certainly know by now you weren't the "itty-bitty" center on the offensive line. However, dominated? Don't think so....abused, nah. Faster, definetly, however, it doesn't take much to outrun a group full of farm boys, but you can never out-hit them. You might have won some games while playing in this district, but, let's remember years before when the admirals "bent you over and tore you a new one". You all beat fair and square, and congradulations. How many senior linemen were there? And to Cole, you're fast, but our KICKER...yes KICKER was able to cover you...there's proof for ya Notre Dame!

 

Well you know what, playing defense is all about being physical! IMO the scoreboard shows who was more physical in this one! Somerset almost shut out you so called bunch of "farm boys." If you all were as good as advertised, I would say Somerset won the physical battle. There are 4 senior linemen. 3 Starters and one that rotates in heavily.

First off your post has the smell of sour grapes to it. I guess after taking a pounding like you did last night and like the district has over the last 4 years I can understand it. However, if you think that the KHSAA just lets Somerset pick excactly what district that they get to play in you are sadly mistaken. Yes, they did petition to move to 3A next year--the trips were shorter and the distict has 6 teams in it as opposed to 5 so it makes it a little easier to fill out a schedule. The reason Somerset moved to YOUR (I guess since we went 23-3 in it we should call it OUR) district is because our old district of Cambellsville, Metcalfe Co., Danville, and Harrodsburg was split up. Danville ended up with Trimble, Frankfort, Carroll, and Owen Co. The other teams were shipped off to the western part of the state. Somerset didn't excactly fit in there anywhere. As for running from Danville that is really silly--Somerset has played the Admirals EVERY year since leaving that district. I'm sorry that you were spanked last night but don't make it worse by taking cheap shots at the team that beat you. Don't worry though you can have OUR district back now, we're done with it:thumb:

It seems to me that the KHSAA has NO balls, they draw up districts then let a select few decide that they would fit better in another district...

  • Author
It seems to me that the KHSAA has NO balls, they draw up districts then let a select few decide that they would fit better in another district...

I believe EVERY team that wanted to play up, had that opportunity. Not a select few. I don't understand why fan's of schools that would not have been in the new district with Somerset or the district they are moving up to, could care one way or the other. Unless as Average Joe said it is just sour grapes over loosing to them the last few years.

 

Congrats to the Green Dragons, a very hard hitting, clean playing, well coached team. You had a great season, I enjoyed watching you play.

To all Somerset fans, I appologize for my comment. I was in a bad mood with a sour-taste left in my mouth, however, thats no excuse for what I said and I'm truly sorry. Good luck to you and yours this week!

I don't think the difference is all that much in road time int he districts, but hey I guess all us poor mountain teams are so glad you have given us our district back. That's the kind of talk that so many people don't like about Somerset. You have always looked down your nose at the other teams in this district and when one of them happened to beat you, excuses were made and insults were thrown. The fact of the matter, us poor moutain teams have done alot more with alot less and most of us still manage to be civil while taking our thumpings. Somerset on the other hand doesn't like to lose and that is I think pretty evident by the fact you chose to play in a weak football district as opposed to one with Corbin and Middlesboro. I mean 20 minutes of travel time on a friday night is no excuse. Middlesboro is as close as Harlan or Cumberland, or Evarts. Corbin is really close, closer than Wburg. So you can enjoy your continued success whupping up on teams with less talent. Without they said though. Good Luck to you in the rest of the playoffs. You should beat Hazard by about 3 or 4 TDs.

To all Somerset fans, I appologize for my comment. I was in a bad mood with a sour-taste left in my mouth, however, thats no excuse for what I said and I'm truly sorry. Good luck to you and yours this week!

 

That was a classy post NG. You guys had a great team and a fine season, I only responded as I did because I thought all of this had been settled on the field. Anyway y'all and Lynn Camp are really the only 2 district teams to really line up and smack us the last 4 years and regardless of your record against the Jumpers I can assure you that you have our respect.

I haved played against Somerset many times through middle and highschool and win or lose they have always had class. And I know for a fact they will not run from anyone the jumpers are going to be on the rise in the next few years I look for a ring before to much longer. good luck jumpers you have my support!

To all Somerset fans, I appologize for my comment. I was in a bad mood with a sour-taste left in my mouth, however, thats no excuse for what I said and I'm truly sorry. Good luck to you and yours this week!

Good Job 73. Good job Somerset! After watching both games & participating in this message boad for two weeks I have come to the final conclusions:

The better team did win twice. The weather did impact game 1, but not much. The officiating in game two was HORRIBLE, & did impact the margin but not the final outcome. And finally......Leslie County & Middlesboro are BOTH closer to Somerset than Harlan, Evarts or Cumberland. Knott County and Cumberland is abaout the same distance. I know, I travel all through East KY every day.

 

With that said, go Jumpers. I sincerely hope you win it all.:thumb:

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.