Raceland 14 Paintsville 7

Congratulations to the Raceland Rams!

Heighton finds a way.

That touchdown pass was pretty darn good. Looked like a sack for sure with two defenders hanging on him, and he shakes them off and throws a strike.

That touchdown pass was pretty darn good. Looked like a sack for sure with two defenders hanging on him, and he shakes them off and throws a strike.

Big time play by a young quarterback. The pose to hit the man down field after is astounding.

These two teams left it all out on the field in another instant classic. Raceland's QB, S. Heighton made a TD pass out of what was looking like a disaster. Also, H. Lacks led the Rams rushing with 40yds against a very tough Tiger defense and fought thru, bounced off tackles to get every inch of that. J. Adkins pulled the Rams out of holes by stepping in the slot that injured D. Atkins usually plays. Also, the ever reliable Rams Orange Crush Defense made big stops all night. Survive and advance

Congrats to the Paintsville Tigers on another very good season. There's a lot of respect here in Raceland for Paintsville football.

Edited by oldrambler

On a personal note, I didn't get home to get the webcast on until around 8pm. I was undergoing a chemotherapy infusion, a very aggressive treatment for severe primary progressive M.S. at Cabell-Huntington hospital. Needless to say, I am whipped.

So, after a terrible day for me, this game and these kids gave me a reason to smile ….