Michael Porter Question!!!

ads1982

For UK fans what do you think about asking this guy to play football. He was an all-state player in California. Knowing that there is plenty of football talent in Cal. wonder if he could help out anywhere on the football team? Also what position was he when he played football?

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For UK fans what do you think about asking this guy to play football. He was an all-state player in California. Knowing that there is plenty of football talent in Cal. wonder if he could help out anywhere on the football team? Also what position was he when he played football?

He was offered a scholarship by Pete Carroll of USC to play defensive back for them, so yeah I definitely think he could help out on this team in a big way...However I would rather him concentrate on basketball and just play basketball...

He wasn't offered a scholarship by Carroll, although there was serious interest. His football scholarships were from Cal, Nevada, Fresno State, UNLV and Colorado State.

http://www.kentucky.com/mld/heraldleader/sports/outdoors/15820087.htm

:thumb: Well thank you for clearing that up, I was just saying what I heard before on the radio when they was talking about him...But either way though for him to have gotten scholarship offers from those schools, and to be seriously looked at by USC shows the athletic ability this kid must have. And Im just glad he choose to come here to play basketball instead...

Refresh me, is he a Ramel guy? :confused:

Not my kind of guy....Ramel, that is. :thumb: Punching stanchions and harrassing chicks at Midway College isn't really my bag. :cool:

He's more of a "I didn't like Porter as a recruit from day 1, and I'm sticking to it" type...

He's more of a "I didn't like Porter as a recruit from day 1, and I'm sticking to it" type...

I was wondering why he seemed to dislike him so much and said he didn't deserve to play for UK, because I know me and alot of othe people on here have been really impressed from what we saw from him so far...