Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Michael Porter Question!!!

Featured Replies

He reminds me (NO, I'm NOT saying he is as good) of the PG at Duke with the football back-ground. Hard nosed. Will mix it up. Plays with an edge. What's not to like?

 

:thumb: He reminds me of a athletic Cameron Mills...

  • Replies 42
  • Views 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author

I critisized him from day one..........now I regret that. This kid will be good for the program. He has some skills and hustle!

:thumb: He reminds me of a athletic Cameron Mills...

I disagree with that... Porter will do most of his work on the defensive end IMO while Mills was the opposite.

I disagree with that... Porter will do most of his work on the defensive end IMO while Mills was the opposite.

 

Porter is also known for his great 3 point shooting...

Porter is also known for his great 3 point shooting...

 

So was Adam Williams & Josh Carrier. Let's not get carried away here.

 

And also, let's not forget that Michael Porter played with a bigtime recruit in high school, Adrian Oliver (who went to Washington). I'm sure he had plenty of open looks - most of which he probably won't get on the collegiate level, if he truly is as deadly from long range as we all hope.

Just to be consistent, he will be my favorite Cat for the next 4 years.:D

One quick look at the avatar and his resemblance to JJ Redick.....whew...only if he had that jump shot.

 

The story I have heard is that Pete Carroll in conversations with the father was going to offer him a scholarship but wanted to know the interest of Porter playing football versus basketball...father said hoops and the rest is history.

Just to be consistent, he will be my favorite Cat for the next 4 years.:D

 

 

And this is being consistent in what way? :confused:

And this is being consistent in what way? :confused:

I had put it in another thread about UK that mentioned Porter. I just wanted to put my proclamation in every Porter thread that was popping up. :thumb:

I am not a Bradley guy. I will be more of a Jasper/Meeks guy. Like I said I have no problem with Tubby paying an old debt back to the Porters. But watching him live at Rupp on Monday, getting ripped by USC Upstate guys made me worry.

I am not a Bradley guy. I will be more of a Jasper/Meeks guy. Like I said I have no problem with Tubby paying an old debt back to the Porters. But watching him live at Rupp on Monday, getting ripped by USC Upstate guys made me worry.

 

Your really the only one who hasn't been impressed from what they saw from him so far...If he is paying back an old debt or not, Porter is a player that deserves and should be at UK...

Your really the only one who hasn't been impressed from what they saw from him so far...If he is paying back an old debt or not, Porter is a player that deserves and should be at UK...

 

Everything ive heard about Porter thus far "He's a leader, he's tough." I haven't heard he is a good bball player or shooter yet. Hopefully, I will see it and not hear it.

Everything ive heard about Porter thus far "He's a leader, he's tough." I haven't heard he is a good bball player or shooter yet. Hopefully, I will see it and not hear it.

 

I have heard all the things you have heard, but I also heard he is a really good shooter as well. From what I seen from the exhibition games it sure seems like that is true...

How he is taking the spotlight on BGP from Stevenson/Meeks/Jasper is beyondddddddd me. HSSRB... you are a powerful man!

How he is taking the spotlight on BGP from Stevenson/Meeks/Jasper is beyondddddddd me. HSSRB... you are a powerful man!

 

He is not taking the spotlight from them, we all have seen and love those three. Its just that Porter was the one freshman that nobody talked much about coming in, and so after seeing him play it has got people excited because we realize we got 4 really good recruits in this year that really could help out the team...

SA, those other 3 FROSH are clearly ahead of Porter right now in terms of ability to contribute. No question. I was trying to give a guy that has taken some heat in the past a little love because I liked his style of play. No more, no less. Where we end up at the end of the season will have more to do with the "big 3" FROSH, but I wouldn't be surprised if a key play in March by Porter helps seal a deal down the road.

 

Just giving some love to the Underdog. :D

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.