Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Michael Porter Question!!!

Featured Replies

SA, those other 3 FROSH are clearly ahead of Porter right now in terms of ability to contribute. No question. I was trying to give a guy that has taken some heat in the past a little love because I liked his style of play. No more, no less. Where we end up at the end of the season will have more to do with the "big 3" FROSH, but I wouldn't be surprised if a key play in March by Porter helps seal a deal down the road.

 

Just giving some love to the Underdog. :D

 

I'd be surprised if that key play in March came this season, though.

 

I doubt Porter's PT will be THAT significant this year with Bradley & Jasper in the backcourt.

  • Replies 42
  • Views 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Everything ive heard about Porter thus far "He's a leader, he's tough." I haven't heard he is a good bball player or shooter yet. Hopefully, I will see it and not hear it.

 

That's what the Cats were lacking last year. I don't know how much Porter will contribute immediately, but I think he'll end up being a solid player for the Cats in a few seasons. With that said, that tenacity, toughness & leadership is EXACTLY what UK has been missing since the departure of Chuck Hayes (another guy who quite frankly overacheived).

 

If you can have that type of attitude with your point guard, chances are it'll spread to the rest of the team. Before you know it, we may have the right type of attitude back in Lexington.

Isn't Porter a product of the same high school Chuck Hayes attended?

Isn't Porter a product of the same high school Chuck Hayes attended?

 

Yep!

Isn't Porter a product of the same high school Chuck Hayes attended?

 

That's the "favor" that SA is referring to.

SA, those other 3 FROSH are clearly ahead of Porter right now in terms of ability to contribute. No question. I was trying to give a guy that has taken some heat in the past a little love because I liked his style of play. No more, no less. Where we end up at the end of the season will have more to do with the "big 3" FROSH, but I wouldn't be surprised if a key play in March by Porter helps seal a deal down the road.

 

Just giving some love to the Underdog. :D

 

If Porter can step in and do stuff great..... but I mean what are we looking at J.P. Blevins at best? I mean I know you are right, we do need our role players along with our stars. We will see how he fits in, but from the exhibition games I wasn't impressed. However, to be fair its early. But like CC said. I am not sure if Porter will get a big chance to contribute this year.

That's the "favor" that SA is referring to.

 

I said debt.. not favor

You can bet he will be better than Williams, Carrier, or Stockton. And that is just this year. He will be a good 4 year player, and has the ability to be better than Blevins or Saul, its a matter of guys that could be very good not being in front of him. Ramel, Jasper, maybe Lucas. He's tough, heady, and can only get better going against Ramel and Jasper everyday.

what are we looking at J.P. Blevins at best?

 

No UK fan has ever disliked a player with the veracity that I disliked JP Blevins. So, NO, I don't think they are analogous. JP is / was soft, I don't think that description will ever be used for Michael Porter.

No UK fan has ever disliked a player with the veracity that I disliked JP Blevins. So, NO, I don't think they are analogous. JP is / was soft, I don't think that description will ever be used for Michael Porter.

 

I thought you'd like a guy who had perfect hair every game, all game long. ;)

No UK fan has ever disliked a player with the veracity that I disliked JP Blevins. So, NO, I don't think they are analogous. JP is / was soft, I don't think that description will ever be used for Michael Porter.

 

I dont know about that, I had extreme dislike for JP Blevins and I cant even put into words how much I disliked him. So I think you have some competition when it comes to which UK fan disliked Blevins the most...:D

 

Porter is no Blevins, and he will be better than Blevins ever was at UK...

Whats with all this JP Blevins hate up in here??

No UK fan has ever disliked a player with the veracity that I disliked JP Blevins. So, NO, I don't think they are analogous. JP is / was soft, I don't think that description will ever be used for Michael Porter.

 

I was targeting more of a guard role. Blevins was not tough, but he did a good job at managing the game playing guard.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.