Ballard at Trinity 11/10

LSURock

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most of the people predicting huge Trinity blowouts have been X people. I think they are trying to provide material for the Bruins. Are they that afraid to play Trinity again? Ballard plays Trinity as tough as anyone in the district. I expect Trinity to win, but I expect it to be closer than the regular season game. I expect Ballard to play them tough.

Trinity alum,

Is there another thread about the Ballard Vs. Trinity 2nd round playoff game I am unaware of?

As of 11:08 PM, Wednesday, November 8, 2006, this is the results of this thread of posters that are, as you put it, "predicting huge Trinity blowouts". It doesn't support your statement. So I must have missed the other thread, because this looks pretty even to me.

Trinity Posters = 6

RockPride

SuperShamrocks

PepRock01

SLINK

rocktopper

XgradROCKdad

St. X Posters = 4

Xtiger69

Riverside 157

LUCK

Xman85

Neutral Posters = 3

Canescat

tcjkbt

fballman007

Trinity alum,

Is there another thread about the Ballard Vs. Trinity 2nd round playoff game I am unaware of?

As of 11:08 PM, Wednesday, November 8, 2006, this is the results of this thread of posters that are, as you put it, "predicting huge Trinity blowouts". It doesn't support your statement. So I must have missed the other thread, because this looks pretty even to me.

Trinity Posters = 6

RockPride

SuperShamrocks

PepRock01

SLINK

rocktopper

XgradROCKdad

ADD TD's NAME HERE!!!

St. X Posters = 4

Xtiger69

Riverside 157

LUCK

Xman85

Neutral Posters = 3

Canescat

tcjkbt

fballman007

:thumb: :thumb:

I dont believe X people are trying to add fuel to Ballards fire...I just believe they are making sound, fact backed predictions. The last time Trinity played Ballard, the Bruin D had more holes in it than swiss cheese. Petrino went off, because Ballard wanted to stop the run. Thats the major problem facing Trinity opponents, you cant stop one aspect of the offense, you have to try to contain both. Ballard put 8 to 9 guys in the box, blitzed, and got burned all night long, and if they dont change thier game plan, the same thing will happen.

And as a side note, Im more than positive X DOES want to play us again, not solely because of the first game, but more so because they'll still be in the playoffs

It's JMO, but I think the fact that there hasn't been a post in this thread in almost 48 hours, coupled with the fact that there is a little over 48 hours until kickoff with out a post, speaks volumes. No one else sees this as a big game. If they did there would be more posting in this thread.

That being said, you have to admit that Ballard hasn't offered much in the way of competition the last several years when playing Trinity. Manual has.......year in and year out.......even in a year when everybody picked them to be 5th or 6th in their district they put up some impressive wins and finished number 3.

As for the word :mad: "cakewalk" :mad: , I don't like it, everyone knows that anything can happen, to any given team, at any given moment, in any given game, on any given night. Look what happened to Manual last weekend loosing their 1st and 2nd string QB to injuries in the same series in the 3rd Quarter. What if that happened to Trinity? IT CAN HAPPEN. ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN.

Good Luck ROCKS, Beat the Bruins!

Sorry for the lack of posts. I was out of town on a quest for faster greens. A little history lesson. While Manual may have played X pretty close over the past "several years" I don't think they played X any closer than Ballard did Trinity in 2003. The Bruins came within a dropped two point conversion pass of tying the Rocks and heading into OT with Big Mo on their side. In addition, Ballard actually defeated the Rocks in 1995. When was Manual's last win over X? I agree with you on one thing. "Cakewalk" is an insulting term.

When any team beats another team by 45 + points, I think it is safe to call it a cakewalk. Insulting as it may sound, its still a thorough rear end kicking for the one with the short end of the stick and a cakewalk for the one with the upper end of the stick. Reality is reality. Not trying to offend anyone, football is not a "politically correct" sport. Dont miss understand me. Im not in favor of 60 + to 0 ) games. Some programs respect a certian point differential as sufficient and some do not. LSU - No hidden message there...! Interested in seeing the differential of the Trinity vs. Ballard game on Friday. Good Luck to both teams.

I dont believe X people are trying to add fuel to Ballards fire...I just believe they are making sound, fact backed predictions. The last time Trinity played Ballard, the Bruin D had more holes in it than swiss cheese. Petrino went off, because Ballard wanted to stop the run. Thats the major problem facing Trinity opponents, you cant stop one aspect of the offense, you have to try to contain both. Ballard put 8 to 9 guys in the box, blitzed, and got burned all night long, and if they dont change thier game plan, the same thing will happen.

And as a side note, Im more than positive X DOES want to play us again, not solely because of the first game, but more so because they'll still be in the playoffs

A sound, solid and intelligent post, well thought out and non-provocative. SuperShamrocks, what are you doing posting such high quality analysis in the middle of an X and T dust up?:D

When any team beats another team by 45 + points, I think it is safe to call it a cakewalk. Insulting as it may sound, its still a thorough rear end kicking for the one with the short end of the stick and a cakewalk for the one with the upper end of the stick. Reality is reality. Not trying to offend anyone, football is not a "politically correct" sport. Dont miss understand me. Im not in favor of 60 + to 0 ) games. Some programs respect a certian point differential as sufficient and some do not. LSU - No hidden message there...! Interested in seeing the differential of the Trinity vs. Ballard game on Friday. Good Luck to both teams.

I'm guessing the spread will be far less than 60 points. I really don't see a 45 point spread either. JMO.