Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ballard at Trinity 11/10

Featured Replies

Who wins? Score? Why?

 

In the CJ this morning Ballard QB was quoted as saying "We just have to come out play hard and hit them in the mouth" when asked about a rematch with Trinity. Pretty bold talk.

  • Replies 48
  • Views 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who wins? Score? Why?

 

In the CJ this morning Ballard QB was quoted as saying "We just have to come out play hard and hit them in the mouth" when asked about a rematch with Trinity. Pretty bold talk.

 

I think T will win but what the QB said is correct, that is the only way Ballard will beat T. That is the type of mentality they must have.

For as small of a defense that they have...that is bold....I look for us to dominate, though I do think that the score will be closer than game 1. Not because Trinity will be letting up, but because Ballard is playing with a new found passion, and there is a real biggie the very next week.

 

Rocks - 56

Bruins - 28

I think Trinity's slow starts are over from here on out. These two programs really do not like each other so there will be plenty of motivation on both sidelines. However, Trinity's pass defense is still there for the taking for teams that can execute and adjust. In fact, it seemed at times that lowly Southern had its way at the line of scrimmage and repeatedly gashed the Trinity defense for rushing yardage and first downs. They just couldn't keep doing it all the way to the endzone.

 

Turnovers as usual will be a factor in this game, but not the factor.

 

I don't see Ballard being able to consistently move the ball and score, although they will score 21 points. I don't see Ballard being able to contain Trinity's offense. Trinity will score 42+ points.

 

Trinity 42

Ballard 21

I guess ballard will turn the last game plan totally around, and put 9 in the secondary, allowing Phillips and the gang to RUN for 300 plus, instead of last time, where they had 9 in the box and watched Nick throw the ball all over for well over 300...either way, Ballard loses

 

Rocks 49

Bruins 0

Trinity will be ready , and they will take care of business.

The Rocks have Ballard's number and will win going away 4+ TD's.

The Rocks have Ballard's number and will win going away 4+ TD's.

 

Okay, wow, I just read that too fast and thought I saw:

 

The Rocks have Ballard's number and will win going away 44+ TD's.

 

It's amazing the tricks that the eyes can play on you. :lol:

 

Either way I think the original quotation above is correct. I see at least a 4 TD margin of victory for the Rocks on Friday. :thumb:

Rocks win easily.

Ballard has improved and has the right attitude but they will not beat Trinity.

Rocks win easily.

Ballard has improved and has the right attitude but they will not beat Trinity.

 

 

They appear to have the right attitude, but in a game situation with the Rocks that attitude always vanishes.

Ballard has to learn to keep playing hard when adversity strikes. They have a tendency to lay down once they get down. They are talking a good talk, but will they keep firing if things get a little rocky? We will see.

Rocks win in another cake walk. Look for them to match or exceed last weeks point total.

  • Author
Rocks win in another cake walk. Look for them to match or exceed last weeks point total.

Your condescending comments towards another high school in Jefferson County is wrong. I think we have shown on previous threads that Ballard more than holds its own in a side by side comparison with Manual, a common foe and playoff opponent of St.X. I also understand that Ballard is the likely choice of the Tigers as the opponent in their home opener at their new stadium. Will they be a "cakewalk" then as well? It sounds like you have the spin-machine in high gear in anticipation of another X loss to Male. Don't give up so early. I'm actually picking X to win this week.

I think folks should look at the difference between the first and second games between Ballard and Seneca. While I still expect a Trinity win, I think it will be closer than the first game. Trinity must take every game seriously from this point forward. The lack of focus Trinity showed in the first quarter against Southern won't get it done.

Your condescending comments towards another high school in Jefferson County is wrong. I think we have shown on previous threads that Ballard more than holds its own in a side by side comparison with Manual, a common foe and playoff opponent of St.X. I also understand that Ballard is the likely choice of the Tigers as the opponent in their home opener at their new stadium. Will they be a "cakewalk" then as well? It sounds like you have the spin-machine in high gear in anticipation of another X loss to Male. Don't give up so early. I'm actually picking X to win this week.

 

 

Not sure what was condescending about his remark and I think you are trying to stir something up. He did not bash Ballard at all. Ballard might have gotten better but you must admit Trinity usually rolls over them.

 

Go luck and I hope we get a chance to play in round 3.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.