Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

5A #1 Covington Catholic at 5A #6 Highlands Predictions

Who wins? 139 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins?

    • Highlands
      15%
    • Covington Catholic
      84%

This poll is closed to new votes

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

I know right. :no:

 

This is going to be their best chance out of the last three meetings. This CovCath team showed last week that they can be scored on (also showed they can score a lot). They are not completely unbeatable. A few turnovers go the Birds way then there is a chance.

  • Replies 128
  • Views 22.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see we have 16 members that voted for Highlands.

 

What makes anyone think Highlands is going to win this game?

 

Maybe because of things like what you just posted. Each blowout win for HHS this year has been followed by a "yah, but they're not good this year. Next week we'll see how good they REALLY are". Then next week they would go on to another blowout win, just to hear they same thing again. Before you say it, yes, I'm well aware SC beat Highlands. Bottom line is this team is a talented and scrappy group of boys who THINK they can beat ANYONE including CCH. The mindset is different from the past 2 years. The old Highlands swagger is back with this group. The greatest challenge is keeping it disciplined because that "swagger" has landed some personal foul flags and things like that will be VERY costly in a game like this. Are you saying Cov Cath isn't capable of having a bad game? Are you saying Highlands isn't capable of clicking on all cylinders? Trust me, there have been bigger upsets in football. Is Cov Cath favored? ABSOLUTELY. But will I fall on the floor in shock if HHS pulls off an upset? Not at all.

Maybe because of things like what you just posted. Each blowout win for HHS this year has been followed by a "yah, but they're not good this year. Next week we'll see how good they REALLY are". Then next week they would go on to another blowout win, just to hear they same thing again. Before you say it, yes, I'm well aware SC beat Highlands. Bottom line is this team is a talented and scrappy group of boys who THINK they can beat ANYONE including CCH. The mindset is different from the past 2 years. The old Highlands swagger is back with this group. The greatest challenge is keeping it disciplined because that "swagger" has landed some personal foul flags and things like that will be VERY costly in a game like this. Are you saying Cov Cath isn't capable of having a bad game? Are you saying Highlands isn't capable of clicking on all cylinders? Trust me, there have been bigger upsets in football. Is Cov Cath favored? ABSOLUTELY. But will I fall on the floor in shock if HHS pulls off an upset? Not at all.

 

CovCath won by 52 points last year. That seems like a lot of points to make up in one year. The blueprint to beat Highlands is there.

Highlands has a very good record against CovCath (49-19). Highlands is ranked 2nd in the nation in total wins (as of 2015). Highlands is a legendary HS football program to say the least. CovCath's win streak so far is very small in comparison to the overall picture of how this rivalry has been since 2006.

 

While the above is true, none of this, none of it, will mean anything come Friday night. I look for CCH to have a running clock no later than the 3rd quarter. This team is on a totally different level IMO. May be a good game at the start but clearly the dominant team will take over shortly thereafter and pull away. CCH by at least 4 scores.

CovCath won by 52 points last year. That seems like a lot of points to make up in one year. The blueprint to beat Highlands is there.

 

I'm well aware of that. I thought we were talking about this year, not last year.

I'd also encourage you to looks at some of the scores historically in this rivalry. There have been many years where in the same year, things change significantly and a blowout is followed by a close game.

 

1970-HHS 54 Covington Catholic 0

1971- HHS 28 Covington Catholic 18

 

1994

HHS 6 Covington Catholic 42

HHS 3 Covington Catholic 7

 

2007

HHS 28 Covington Catholic 14

HHS 40 Covington Catholic 0

 

2014

HHS 42 Covington Catholic 7

HHS 37 Covington Catholic 34

Doing the 2 back set with Buten and Coop both in has looked great for the Birds. Not sure why it’s used so infrequently. It allows for some misdirection and opens up some big holes. Also gives an extra blocker if the pocket breaks down and allows them to swing it out into the flat and gave the ball in space. It seems like we see it 1-2 times/game when it should be a primary set.

I agree with that 100%

CovCath won by 52 points last year. That seems like a lot of points to make up in one year. The blueprint to beat Highlands is there.

 

I wonder if that was what Ryle and SK were thinking? Cov Cath is many times better than Ryle and SK but they better be preparing for this years Bluebirds.

I'm well aware of that. I thought we were talking about this year, not last year.

I'd also encourage you to looks at some of the scores historically in this rivalry. There have been many years where in the same year, things change significantly and a blowout is followed by a close game.

 

1970-HHS 54 Covington Catholic 0

1971- HHS 28 Covington Catholic 18

 

1994

HHS 6 Covington Catholic 42

HHS 3 Covington Catholic 7

 

2007

HHS 28 Covington Catholic 14

HHS 40 Covington Catholic 0

 

2014

HHS 42 Covington Catholic 7

HHS 37 Covington Catholic 34

 

Well done. I like it when someone puts facts behind their comment. I wasn't sure if a team could make up that many points but you show here that it can be done.

Defense gave up an average of 30+ last year. Averaging around 12 this year (weather aided on one outing). Hoping for a much closer game.

Well done. I like it when someone puts facts behind their comment. I wasn't sure if a team could make up that many points but you show here that it can be done.

 

Which year was it a team made up 52 points?

Last year score of Scott County game was 71 to 20. This year 28 to 7. That counts right? 51 points....

Which year was it a team made up 52 points?

 

:rage: We will not lose to Highlands!

 

:wave:

:rage: We will not lose to Highlands!

 

:wave:

 

On the off chance crow is on the menu, do you like ketchup or ranch?

On the off chance crow is on the menu, do you like ketchup or ranch?

 

I couldn't care less who wins this game. I was just having some fun with colonel-fan.

I see we have 16 members that voted for Highlands.

 

What makes anyone think Highlands is going to win this game?

 

 

16 fathers of Highlands players. I think last week I was the only one who voted for Bellevue over Beechwood because I was afraid my son would see that.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.