St.X 39 Manual 9

Xman85

While it was a big margin of victory X played horrible in the 1st half. Not going to cut it next week.

Defense played well except for the the last play of the first half. Extra points were a disaster again. I see Wade and Zoeller both playing from this point. Quick hook on Zoeller tonight.

Manual's only TD comes when ST X QB throws a quick pass to Victor A. and Manual's D steps in front and runs down to inside 20 yard line, Victor A. makes the tackle. Offense for St. X mostly all big plays, no consistent long drives, especially early and comes out flat in the first half (trend all year - Male, Trinity, Manual first game...). Manual scores on first drive (field goal) - after that St. X defense plays great. Extra points for St.X's continues to be trouble. Kind of get the feeling that if St.X can find the motivation to get rolling early and often, they will be hard to beat by anyone. Moving on to round 2 - good luck and great job Tigers!

Tough night to be a QB at Manual. First the starter goes out with a broken collar bone. Then his replacement goes out with a broken wrist. This left the Crimsons with their freshman QB. The highlight of the evening had to be "The Deuce" breaking a bunch of tackles on a 77 yard TD run. Vic was wearing the brightest yellow shoes I've ever seen. I guess he was preparing for the lights to fail at PJCS again last night.:lol:

What is the deal with the kicking game...you can't get a better situation, with conditions and such, then the Pizza Box.

I thought that would be fixed as the season went on, And when the kicker got some experience. I guess not, very weird for X. Will it cost them in the end, I don't know. Only time will tell.

We won that is about all I can say. We were flat and sloppy for the 1st half that won't cut it next week.

I have never seen an X playoff team look so unemotional and disinterested. Vic needs to play through a bruise if he wants the next level...

The PAT situation looks like a grade school game.

Here's to a great week of practice.

Go Tigers.

Sorry for the belatedness... not trying to shy away or anything.

Manual looked okay in the first half, got a fairly fortunate touchdown (well done, but still, it could've easily NOT happened, had St. X not called 2 TOs), then came the second half plunge into very, very poor playing on Manual's part. The defense just couldn't seem to grasp the whole tackling concept, and let some BIG plays happen for St. X. Manual's O-line was dominated by X. The QBs threw a bunch of high ones. A good combination of pressure of the big game and location rattled the nerves of a few players it seemed. I bet the coaches can't WAIT to get the guys back onto the practice feild, though. Manual should have one HECK of a team next year. After all, athletes don't go to Manual... they're MADE at Manual. A lot of these guys have just finished getting thier feet wet into this game.

Good luck to St. X... now I have to decide who I'm going to root against more next Friday. ;)

Sorry for the belatedness... not trying to shy away or anything.

Manual looked okay in the first half, got a fairly fortunate touchdown (well done, but still, it could've easily NOT happened, had St. X not called 2 TOs), then came the second half plunge into very, very poor playing on Manual's part. The defense just couldn't seem to grasp the whole tackling concept, and let some BIG plays happen for St. X. Manual's O-line was dominated by X. The QBs threw a bunch of high ones. A good combination of pressure of the big game and location rattled the nerves of a few players it seemed. I bet the coaches can't WAIT to get the guys back onto the practice feild, though. Manual should have one HECK of a team next year. After all, athletes don't go to Manual... they're MADE at Manual. A lot of these guys have just finished getting thier feet wet into this game.

Good luck to St. X... now I have to decide who I'm going to root against more next Friday. ;)

Manual will be very tough next year....I pray for your two injured players and a speedy recovery.

Manual had a much better year than I expected based on the players they lost. If they can stay together and improve they will make some noise during the several years.

St. X came out and played flat and Manual was able to take advantage of it in the first half. St. X played slightly better in the 2nd half but the injuries started piling up on Manual and the game went down hill fast. Several long runs put the game away for St. X.

St. X had better be ready to play hard and smart on every down next week or Male will walk away with it. The seniors need to play like the next game may be their last because that's where they are at.

Defense played well except for the the last play of the first half. Extra points were a disaster again. I see Wade and Zoeller both playing from this point. Quick hook on Zoeller tonight.
Until Manual lost their first string QB on the first drive of the second half, they were rolling there, too.

I'm not saying the Rams would have won, but that game stays competitive if Harness doesn't go down. The air went out of that team after the top two signal callers were injured in the same series.