Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

iPhone XS/XS Max/ XR

Featured Replies

If I had the X I wouldn’t upgrade either. I don’t think there is a significant upgrade from X to XS.

 

I have done the “s” upgrades in the past. I think I’ve just reached the point where the small incremental upgrades don’t excite me. Also, the X hasn’t really wowed me. Don’t get me wrong, I really like the phone. The Face ID is pretty flawless for me, but I really don’t like how they’ve replaced the functionality of the home button. The new action to close open apps is neither intuitive or easy to execute. I also for some reason take a bunch of accidental screen shots.

 

I’m probably going to wait for the next cycle before upgrading, unless I hear crazy good things about the new models.

What can this phone do that the 7 can't?

 

For most, not much. That being said, I don’t think I’d ever consider going back to the 7. I’ve had the 8 and now the X and the experience for the most part continues to improve. Of course, that doesn’t mean you should or need to upgrade, especially if you are happy with your 7.

Haven't got a new iPhone in a few years. My work provides me with a new cell phone every other year and I've been trying out some of the androids the past two times which I've liked for the most part.

 

Only thing I really liked noticeably more with my iPhone was texting.

As much as I like smartphones - and unfortunately now am so committed that I don't think I could go back - I really just miss my RAZR. I could have used that phone for years upon years and been happy.

As much as I like smartphones - and unfortunately now am so committed that I don't think I could go back - I really just miss my RAZR. I could have used that phone for years upon years and been happy.

 

 

I know right.

 

That is kind of my point. When we went from flip phones to iPhones that was a big deal, going from iPhone whatever to iPhone whatever is mostly a huge waste of hard earned money.

Because they are "nothing new" just slightly more powerful/feature laden and the way technology/computing power has been increasing you could argue iphones are behind where they were five years ago relative to other technology.

 

If anyone feels they should be going up in price like this I would love to hear their thoughts on why it makes sense other than because apple can.

 

And I am no apple hater, I have plenty of their products and like them all.

As long as people are shelling out $1000-$1500 for the newest Iphone don't ever expect the price to go down. It'd be like someone complaining you charge for this website. As long as the product brings in a paying customer why would you stop charging?

 

Apple didn't become the first $1T company by dropping prices.

 

That said I hate what the cost of cell phones/plans has done as a whole but not really any other choice.

As long as people are shelling out $1000-$1500 for the newest Iphone don't ever expect the price to go down. It'd be like someone complaining you charge for this website. As long as the product brings in a paying customer why would you stop charging?

 

Apple didn't become the first $1T company by dropping prices.

 

That said I hate what the cost of cell phones/plans has done as a whole but not really any other choice.

 

More power to Apple and like I said because they can.

 

I know right.

 

That is kind of my point. When we went from flip phones to iPhones that was a big deal, going from iPhone whatever to iPhone whatever is mostly a huge waste of hard earned money.

 

Different strokes for different folks. There are things important to me that I’m sure some consider a waste of money. If it floats your boat, and you can afford it, then by all means have at it.

Different strokes for different folks. There are things important to me that I’m sure some consider a waste of money. If it floats your boat, and you can afford it, then by all means have at it.

 

I hear you. In cases like this I am glad there are plenty of takers so I can benefit in the same way we benefit from cars off lease/rich people buying new cars often, etc.

  • Author

This new phone is ridiculously fast. I just like new stuff I guess. I have had the 7 since it came out and I loved it, but this new phone is amazing. Whether it’s worth it is all about perspective though. It’s not life changing, but it’s really cool.

I had the 5s in 2013 as my 1st smart phone and loved it. Upgraded 3 years later to the 7plus due to the larger screen. Verizon gave me $400 trade in and my bill pretty much never changed... I’m sure I’m getting it somewhere. I’d look into a new one next year, but i won’t if it will raise my bill. I already give them enough. I have given thought to switching to Samsung... maybe this will push me in that direction if it is $100s less. My boys love theirs.

One feature the new iPhones and last years iPhone X have is the facial recognition instead of fingerprint unlocking. I have a iPhone 7 Plus and will upgrade soon, trying to get a buy one get one deal but may have to change a number to get it

  • Author
One feature the new iPhones and last years iPhone X have is the facial recognition instead of fingerprint unlocking. I have a iPhone 7 Plus and will upgrade soon, trying to get a buy one get one deal but may have to change a number to get it

Not going to lie, I was super skeptical about facial recognition instead of fingerprint ID, but I love it. Definitely my favorite feature.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.