Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Browns 21 Jets 17

Featured Replies

I think their mind was pretty made up on not rushing him.

 

Which is exactly where there minds should have been. That's why when someone says "you have to wonder why he didn't start from the beginning" it's pretty easy to shoot holes in that thought process.

  • Replies 88
  • Views 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Eh I think he will look better and perform better in bigger games. Than what Dalton has looked like most of his career.

 

Based on what?

So you don't think there was anything he could have done to earn the starting job? Nothing?

No. Hue said Tyrod had the job from the start of camp no matter what. Baker never even ran with the 1’s in practice.

You realize Hard Knocks is edited down right? They show you what they want to show you.

Absolutely. Doesn’t change the fact that Baker never got the chance to win the job.

Which is exactly where there minds should have been. That's why when someone says "you have to wonder why he didn't start from the beginning" it's pretty easy to shoot holes in that thought process.

 

Fair enough.

Look at the last couple of young QBs to set the league on fire as rookies....Watson, Dak, etc...Once teams get film on them, they typically look at lot more ordinary.

Watson is going to be great and Baker is going to be great too.

Who is desperate. I am a huge Baker Mayfield guy. I always have been. However I would rather him be bad, because it he does end up being good. That's not a good thing for my Bengals.

Exactly. I should hate Baker Mayfield, I just can’t.

Based on what?

 

Well based on how we all have seen Dalton most of his career struggle and really press in big moments under the lights or against good teams (hopefully that may be changing this year finally). While I feel Baker lives for those moments under the spot light. I could be completely wrong and maybe Baker will struggle in those moments too. I just feel mindset rise he is more willing to step up, when Dalton most of his career seems to press in those moments. Which as I mentioned hopefully that may be changing. Dalton the last few games in those moments has seemed much more calm.

As a Browns fan, all I know is that I had a blast watching that game and watching the future leader of my team, while having confidence in him (which I haven't had in a Browns QB in so long). I'm enjoying this and I believe we have finally found our QB.

Almost all the QBs in the NFL are studs in college. That means nothing to how great they'll be in the NFL. Most fall flat. I'm not ready to proclaim Mayfield a legit NFL QB based off of basically a half of football against one of the worst 2-3 teams in the NFL.

 

If that makes me a hater, then so be it....

Way too much logic in this post for this discussion. Just admit you hate Baker so we can move on. I mean Canton should go ahead and start sizing his jacket.

I cheered pretty hard for the Browns last night.

 

Not that it matters any but I was watching the game with a former Pro Football Player and he laughed at me when I was yelling at the TV early in the game because Mayfield wasn't in at QB.

 

I am happy for the Browns, Mayfield, and Hue but like @futurecoach said as a Bengals fan I am concerned the Browns are actually a threat to beat us now.

Way too much logic in this post for this discussion. Just admit you hate Baker so we can move on. I mean Canton should go ahead and start sizing his jacket.

Not a bad idea. 42 regular and his right arm is just a little bit longer than his left.

I cheered pretty hard for the Browns last night.

 

Not that it matters any but I was watching the game with a former Pro Football Player and he laughed at me when I was yelling at the TV early in the game because Mayfield wasn't in at QB.

 

I am happy for the Browns, Mayfield, and Hue but like @futurecoach said as a Bengals fan I am concerned the Browns are actually a threat to beat us now.

 

Assuming they start him going forward, there will be 7 weeks of film on him. I'd put a large amount of money on the Bengals.

 

Same reason I'm not buying into all the Mahomes hype just yet. Let the league get some tape on the kid, things will change real quick.

 

Dak was a stud his rookie season. Since then he's been very average.

 

Watson looked elite last season. So far this year he looks well below league average.

Assuming they start him going forward, there will be 7 weeks of film on him. I'd put a large amount of money on the Bengals.

 

Same reason I'm not buying into all the Mahomes hype just yet. Let the league get some tape on the kid, things will change real quick.

 

Dak was a stud his rookie season. Since then he's been very average.

 

Watson looked elite last season. So far this year he looks well below league average.

 

I agree last night was a flash in the pan and the rest is TBD.

Not a bad idea. 42 regular and his right arm is just a little bit longer than his left.

 

Ha love it!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.