September 21, 20188 yr Baker had the same opportunity to win the starting job that Taylor did. Did you watch Hard Knocks? No he didn’t.
September 21, 20188 yr Did you watch Hard Knocks? No he didn’t. So you don't think there was anything he could have done to earn the starting job? Nothing?
September 21, 20188 yr Did you watch Hard Knocks? No he didn’t. You realize Hard Knocks is edited down right? They show you what they want to show you.
September 21, 20188 yr You realize Hard Knocks is edited down right? They show you what they want to show you. No way man, Baker got the shaft.
September 21, 20188 yr It hasn’t been mentioned in here yet, but Carlos Hyde had himself a day. 100 yards, 2 TDs, and the birth of his first child. Doesn’t get much better than that for el guapo. And I think it was his birthday too.
September 21, 20188 yr Almost all the QBs in the NFL are studs in college. That means nothing to how great they'll be in the NFL. Most fall flat. I'm not ready to proclaim Mayfield a legit NFL QB based off of basically a half of football against one of the worst 2-3 teams in the NFL. If that makes me a hater, then so be it....
September 21, 20188 yr Almost all the QBs in the NFL are studs in college. That means nothing to how great they'll be in the NFL. Most fall flat. I'm not ready to proclaim Mayfield a legit NFL QB based off of basically a half of football against one of the worst 2-3 teams in the NFL. If that makes me a hater, then so be it.... Hater. :lol2:
September 21, 20188 yr Look at the last couple of young QBs to set the league on fire as rookies....Watson, Dak, etc...Once teams get film on them, they typically look at lot more ordinary.
September 21, 20188 yr Look at the last couple of young QBs to set the league on fire as rookies....Watson, Dak, etc...Once teams get film on them, they typically look at lot more ordinary. People aren't thinking about that right now. They are caught up in the hype, prisoners of the moment. Once he's officially named the starter and teams are preparing for him weekly, that's when we'll find out how good he is. And for the record, I think he will be a good NFL QB and have a decent career.
September 21, 20188 yr And for the record, I think he will be a good NFL QB and have a decent career. Same. I think he'll be solid. I don't think he's some God-send for the city of Cleveland though. He'll be your solid middle of the road NFL QB. See Andy Dalton.
September 21, 20188 yr Some people are desperate for Mayfield to be good. Who is desperate. I am a huge Baker Mayfield guy. I always have been. However I would rather him be bad, because it he does end up being good. That's not a good thing for my Bengals.
September 21, 20188 yr Same. I think he'll be solid. I don't think he's some God-send for the city of Cleveland though. He'll be your solid middle of the road NFL QB. See Andy Dalton. Eh I think he will look better and perform better in bigger games. Than what Dalton has looked like most of his career.
September 21, 20188 yr Great point. However both qbs you mentioned also while even in college were never truly known for their ability to pass. Both were playmakers, and Watson a leader. However was unknown how good of a passer he would be. Baker was known as a leader, play making, and definitely known as a great passer. Which is different than both examples you gave.
September 21, 20188 yr So you don't think there was anything he could have done to earn the starting job? Nothing? I think their mind was pretty made up on not rushing him.
September 21, 20188 yr Baker no doubt is going to have his rookie moments. He probably will have a game or two where he throws 3 or 4 picks in a game. He definitely is not afraid to let it rip. So teams will adjust and give him things he hasn't seen before. So there will be games like this where he stands out and he will have games where he looks like a mess. However they have given him talent to throw to. So unlike other rookies like a Dak. I think we will see him get better every season.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.