September 21, 20188 yr Mayfield COULD end up turning CLE into a winner, but after 1 game let’s not jump the gun.
September 21, 20188 yr Reality check....the Browns should be 3and 0 even with Taylor. They had the chance to win both games they lost. This should be a scary thought to the Bengals the Browns have a real QB.
September 21, 20188 yr Good gracious....They won one game, and did it against one of the least talented football teams in the league, and barely did that. Let's not get ahead of ourselves.
September 21, 20188 yr When's the last time that this late into September the Browns have had more wins than the Steelers?
September 21, 20188 yr After this game though you have to wonder why even had the job to begin with. No you don't.
September 21, 20188 yr Reality check....the Browns should be 3and 0 even with Taylor. Exactly. Anybody that watched those games knows that.
September 21, 20188 yr No you don't. Exactly. Tyrod Taylor led the Bills to the playoffs for goodness sakes. I'd say that in and of itself earned him first crack at the job.
September 21, 20188 yr Mayfield COULD end up turning CLE into a winner, but after 1 game let’s not jump the gun. Some people are desperate for Mayfield to be good.
September 21, 20188 yr Good gracious....They won one game, and did it against one of the least talented football teams in the league, and barely did that. Let's not get ahead of ourselves. Yes. And lets be realistic...we have no idea if they would have won their first two games if Mayfield had played. Game plan, game flow, etc all would have been different on both sides of the ball. Mayfield came in and played against a bad team last night, that had prepared for a different QB. What Mayfield did last night was impressive. But lets see how he does now that teams will be preparing for him before proclaiming him the savior.
September 21, 20188 yr Mayfield COULD end up turning CLE into a winner, but after 1 game let’s not jump the gun. Agreed. I do think he will be successful but people were going crazy about Darnold after his first game as well. They will both end up being good quarterbacks in this league but it takes a lot more to turn these franchises around to winning seasons or the playoffs.
September 21, 20188 yr How so? Exactly. Tyrod Taylor led the Bills to the playoffs for goodness sakes. I'd say that in and of itself earned him first crack at the job. For starters, what UKMF said... Also, he's a rookie.
September 21, 20188 yr Some people are desperate for Mayfield to be good. I know I am. I have suffered enough. I hope he is everything John Dorsey thinks he is and more. Mayfield COULD end up turning CLE into a winner, but after 1 game let’s not jump the gun. I also am not ready to anoint Mayfield as the next Otto Graham. He has to prove himself. And I was in agreement with him sitting the bench. I want Tyrod Taylor to do well. Unfortunately, Taylor wasn't getting the job done prior to his injury last night. I expect he'll get another chance. The NFL is a rough league and it was only a matter of time for Mayfield to get his chance. Taylor better stay prepared because he will probably get another chance when the rookie is rudely introduced to the turf. Fortunately for Mayfield and Taylor, they have a defense that is playing legit right now and can keep it close so the offense gets a chance to shine. Right now, Gregg Williams' defense is the best thing about this team. And finally, my favorite play from last night was not the TDs or the trick play on the 2-point conversion, but when Joel Bitonio picked the ball off the turf and rumbled for 9 yards. It was called back... but give the big boys in the trenches a moment in the spotlight.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.