Edmonson Eligibility

I may be confused but I thought the kid who left the school was actually on Nate's side of the fight? If the kid is scared to go to a school then he should be allowed to transfer and be able to play for whatever school he transfers to. Having already been to 2 other schools does hurt his cause but in this case he should not be penalized.

While not commenting on this particular case, being able to claim "I'm scared" and have carte blanche when it comes to transferring would open a huge Pandora's box.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes I graduated from there and not too long ago. I also work in a school environment at this time. I started in the Boone District and was also in the Cov. District for awhile and there is not much of a difference. Teenagers being teenagers. I look forward to going back to the Covington District in the next few years. When I was a student at Holmes I was never threatened by anyone or involved in a fight. Never saw a gun or ANY drugs. The bad rep. recived is due to the percentage of African-Americans at the school which is not fair. The actual percentage is about 85% white and 15% African American. I'm scared is not a val;id excuse. Was he also scared at Simon Kenton???

It was teenagers fighting. I'm assuming nobody else on this board had ever got in a fight when they were younger. Big Deal!! And I agree he should have been at Holmes from day on also. All the school surfin just comes back to haunt you.

I believe it was more than teenagers fighting... If that is all it was, then they would have mended the situation and moved on.... intimidation on a daily basis should be legitimate bases for a child to remove himself from the situation and start fresh somewhere else.

I believe it was more than teenagers fighting... If that is all it was, then they would have mended the situation and moved on.... intimidation on a daily basis should be legitimate bases for a child to remove himself from the situation and start fresh somewhere else.

I did not hear anything about the intimidation. I agree with your statement but was it just a ploy to attend another school to be the star??? Who knows

It was teenagers fighting. I'm assuming nobody else on this board had ever got in a fight when they were younger. Big Deal!! And I agree he should have been at Holmes from day on also. All the school surfin just comes back to haunt you.

The more you guys open your mouths , the more you show your ignorance.

There is a whole lot more to this situation than you realize. I can assure you that it was more than just teenagers fighting. Like i said in a previous post, all of the facts will eventually come out. But a public forum is NOT the place to discuss teenagers lives. Keep in mind that it is entirely possible that the teenagers and their families read these posts. I don't think this garbage is anyone's business but the families involved.

I dont know much about the fight or the drama going on here but from what I can see you got a kid that was a huge contributer at SK and didnt like the fact that they lost alot. He then left and went back to Holmes, a team that would win but then wound up not being a huge contributer and didnt like that. Now he is ready to go to out to Gallatin Co, a team where he knows he will be a star. Just seems like some people are hard to please. And like I said, I dont know much about the drama but I bet he isnt completely innocent.

I will probably get a lot of flack from what I am going to say, but so be it.

The KHSAA should just let him play and not put up a big argument about it.

IMO: Kids should be able to transfer anywhere & anytime they want and be able to plays sports for their new school.

Your last comment isn't to far from the truth. With the way the KHSAA is running things most kids do transfer and play wherever they want..It is truly unfortunate that this is what we have as our governing body.

I did not hear anything about the intimidation. I agree with your statement but was it just a ploy to attend another school to be the star??? Who knows

The "star" reference could be the furtherest thing from the truth. The Wildcats won 19 games last season. They won the 31st District and the 8th Region All "A". They were beaten by eventual champion Bardstown in the opening round.

They also return 8 of their top 9 players from last year's squad and everyone saw extended playing time. The Cats will probably be 10 deep this season. It is possible Nate could be Gallatin's best player, but he more than likely knew the situation before the transfer. To say he went to Gallatin to be the "star" is ludicrous.

The "star" reference could be the furtherest thing from the truth. The Wildcats won 19 games last season. They won the 31st District and the 8th Region All "A". They were beaten by eventual champion Bardstown in the opening round.

They also return 8 of their top 9 players from last year's squad and everyone saw extended playing time. The Cats will probably be 10 deep this season. It is possible Nate could be Gallatin's best player, but he more than likely knew the situation before the transfer. To say he went to Gallatin to be the "star" is ludicrous.

I think he might have helped (and hopefully still does)?? :confused:

I dont know much about the fight or the drama going on here but from what I can see you got a kid that was a huge contributer at SK and didnt like the fact that they lost alot. He then left and went back to Holmes, a team that would win but then wound up not being a huge contributer and didnt like that. Now he is ready to go to out to Gallatin Co, a team where he knows he will be a star. Just seems like some people are hard to please. And like I said, I dont know much about the drama but I bet he isnt completely innocent.

Well said my man.:thumb:

The more you guys open your mouths , the more you show your ignorance.

There is a whole lot more to this situation than you realize. I can assure you that it was more than just teenagers fighting. Like i said in a previous post, all of the facts will eventually come out. But a public forum is NOT the place to discuss teenagers lives. Keep in mind that it is entirely possible that the teenagers and their families read these posts. I don't think this garbage is anyone's business but the families involved.

It was a lot worse than just teenagers fighting. You are right that it really doesn't need to be discussed on here and it is really none of our business. But I will say that he had a reason to be scared and I'll leave it at that.