Edmonson Eligibility

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have heard a couple of stories such as he is going back to holmes, then other people say he is playing for Gallatin this year. I was wondering if somebody out there could shed some light on the situation.

His last name is spelled Edmondson.

It was stated on BGP a while back that he is eligible and will be playing for Gallatin County. Nothing else has been mentioned since.

His last name is spelled Edmondson.

It was stated on BGP a while back that he is eligible and will be playing for Gallatin County. Nothing else has been mentioned since.

I think things have changed. If I remember correctly(not always the case), he is not eligible as of today.

I think things have changed. If I remember correctly(not always the case), he is not eligible as of today.

That is the same story I have been hearing. As a matter of fact a couple days ago a source from GC told me that Edmondson would be ruled ineligible for this coming season.

That is the same story I have been hearing. As a matter of fact a couple days ago a source from GC told me that Edmondson would be ruled ineligible for this coming season.

I hope its not but if thats the case then he made his bed and now must sleep in it.

I have heard that he was ruled in-eligibile by the KHSAA. OK for a school like Boone Cty (Behrens and many others) to have questionable transfers but let a small school like Gallatin try to let a kid play and the KHSAA suddenly gets a real case of courage and enforce their rules..Shame they don't have the same set of stones when it comes to the better known schools who year in and year out have more then a few questionable transfers..

I have heard that he was ruled in-eligibile by the KHSAA. OK for a school like Boone Cty (Behrens and many others) to have questionable transfers but let a small school like Gallatin try to let a kid play and the KHSAA suddenly gets a real case of courage and enforce their rules..Shame they don't have the same set of stones when it comes to the better known schools who year in and year out have more then a few questionable transfers..

Aren't there different circumstances in the move between the two you cite?

Aren't there different circumstances in the move between the two you cite?

I'm sure there were a different set of circumstances as there are in just about every case..My point is that the KHSAA had the guts to make the right call in this case but they don't want to upset the powers that be in the bigger schools both public and private. What I have heard about this case leads me to believe that if Behrens was ruled eligibile at Boone Cty then clearly this kid had as good a case to be ruled eligibile.. This is this youngmans 3rd high school I believe in about 4 years and the same can be said about the Behrens girl. IMO they both should be declared ineligibile.

I'm sure there were a different set of circumstances as there are in just about every case..My point is that the KHSAA had the guts to make the right call in this case but they don't want to upset the powers that be in the bigger schools both public and private. What I have heard about this case leads me to believe that if Behrens was ruled eligibile at Boone Cty then clearly this kid had as good a case to be ruled eligibile.. This is this youngmans 3rd high school I believe in about 4 years and the same can be said about the Behrens girl. IMO they both should be declared ineligibile.

From what I know there is one big difference in the two cases: The Behrens girl and her ENTIRE family changed residences. That is not the case with the young man from Holmes.

I think the KHSAA should cut him some slack especially considering the heat he took at Holmes last year. I would call those special circumstances but the fact that he has been with 3 different schools in 4 yrs is somewhat ridiculous as well. I don't understand the Behrens situation , only thing I heard there was the family moved because of a job offer. They had to pack up and move all of 15 minutes south to florence... : )

If Behrens at Boone is eligibile to play after 3 schools in 4 years then so should this kid..From what I understand this kid feared going to school each day at Holmes. That might be one of those exceptions that the KHSAA supposedly takes under consideration. What did the KHSAA consider in the Behrens case? That her father might have to sit in traffic about 15 minutes longer..

I think the KHSAA should cut him some slack especially considering the heat he took at Holmes last year. I would call those special circumstances but the fact that he has been with 3 different schools in 4 yrs is somewhat ridiculous as well. I don't understand the Behrens situation , only thing I heard there was the family moved because of a job offer. They had to pack up and move all of 15 minutes south to florence... : )

Exactly what heat was that?