Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Edmonson Eligibility

Featured Replies

I have heard a couple of stories such as he is going back to holmes, then other people say he is playing for Gallatin this year. I was wondering if somebody out there could shed some light on the situation.

  • Replies 45
  • Views 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have heard a couple of stories such as he is going back to holmes, then other people say he is playing for Gallatin this year. I was wondering if somebody out there could shed some light on the situation.

 

 

His last name is spelled Edmondson.

 

It was stated on BGP a while back that he is eligible and will be playing for Gallatin County. Nothing else has been mentioned since.

His last name is spelled Edmondson.

 

It was stated on BGP a while back that he is eligible and will be playing for Gallatin County. Nothing else has been mentioned since.

 

I think things have changed. If I remember correctly(not always the case), he is not eligible as of today.

I think things have changed. If I remember correctly(not always the case), he is not eligible as of today.

 

That is the same story I have been hearing. As a matter of fact a couple days ago a source from GC told me that Edmondson would be ruled ineligible for this coming season.

That is the same story I have been hearing. As a matter of fact a couple days ago a source from GC told me that Edmondson would be ruled ineligible for this coming season.

 

I hope its not but if thats the case then he made his bed and now must sleep in it.

His parents made a legit move correct? And wasn't he involved in the meltdown last year at Holmes?

I have heard that he was ruled in-eligibile by the KHSAA. OK for a school like Boone Cty (Behrens and many others) to have questionable transfers but let a small school like Gallatin try to let a kid play and the KHSAA suddenly gets a real case of courage and enforce their rules..Shame they don't have the same set of stones when it comes to the better known schools who year in and year out have more then a few questionable transfers..

I have heard that he was ruled in-eligibile by the KHSAA. OK for a school like Boone Cty (Behrens and many others) to have questionable transfers but let a small school like Gallatin try to let a kid play and the KHSAA suddenly gets a real case of courage and enforce their rules..Shame they don't have the same set of stones when it comes to the better known schools who year in and year out have more then a few questionable transfers..

 

Aren't there different circumstances in the move between the two you cite?

Aren't there different circumstances in the move between the two you cite?

 

I'm sure there were a different set of circumstances as there are in just about every case..My point is that the KHSAA had the guts to make the right call in this case but they don't want to upset the powers that be in the bigger schools both public and private. What I have heard about this case leads me to believe that if Behrens was ruled eligibile at Boone Cty then clearly this kid had as good a case to be ruled eligibile.. This is this youngmans 3rd high school I believe in about 4 years and the same can be said about the Behrens girl. IMO they both should be declared ineligibile.

Paging Wildcat Legend or Steelcurtain or FarBeyondDriven! We need an answer on this one!

I'm sure there were a different set of circumstances as there are in just about every case..My point is that the KHSAA had the guts to make the right call in this case but they don't want to upset the powers that be in the bigger schools both public and private. What I have heard about this case leads me to believe that if Behrens was ruled eligibile at Boone Cty then clearly this kid had as good a case to be ruled eligibile.. This is this youngmans 3rd high school I believe in about 4 years and the same can be said about the Behrens girl. IMO they both should be declared ineligibile.

 

From what I know there is one big difference in the two cases: The Behrens girl and her ENTIRE family changed residences. That is not the case with the young man from Holmes.

I think the KHSAA should cut him some slack especially considering the heat he took at Holmes last year. I would call those special circumstances but the fact that he has been with 3 different schools in 4 yrs is somewhat ridiculous as well. I don't understand the Behrens situation , only thing I heard there was the family moved because of a job offer. They had to pack up and move all of 15 minutes south to florence... : )

From what I know there is one big difference in the two cases: The Behrens girl and her ENTIRE family changed residences. That is not the case with the young man from Holmes.

Believe none of what you hear and half of what you see.

If Behrens at Boone is eligibile to play after 3 schools in 4 years then so should this kid..From what I understand this kid feared going to school each day at Holmes. That might be one of those exceptions that the KHSAA supposedly takes under consideration. What did the KHSAA consider in the Behrens case? That her father might have to sit in traffic about 15 minutes longer..

I think the KHSAA should cut him some slack especially considering the heat he took at Holmes last year. I would call those special circumstances but the fact that he has been with 3 different schools in 4 yrs is somewhat ridiculous as well. I don't understand the Behrens situation , only thing I heard there was the family moved because of a job offer. They had to pack up and move all of 15 minutes south to florence... : )

Exactly what heat was that?

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.