theguru

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

We are right back here again everyone.

For whatever reason way too many of you refuse to put a period at the end of a sentence on BGP.

I know many of you reading this are model BGP Citizens, thank you - this is not for you, but for the rest of you that refuse to follow our Terms of Service do us all a favor and don't post anything.

If you are going to be a Premium BGP Member then you are going to have to be a team player, show BGP a little respect, or we will be parting ways.

We are right back here again everyone.

For whatever reason way too many of you refuse to put a period at the end of a sentence on BGP.

I know many of you reading this are model BGP Citizens, thank you - this is not for you, but for the rest of you that refuse to follow our Terms of Service do us all a favor and don't post anything.

If you are going to be a Premium BGP Member then you are going to have to be a team player, show BGP a little respect, or we will be parting ways.

I don't know if others have this happen, but for some reason if I post through my phone, the period on the last sentence of my post often does not show up. I have to double and sometimes triple hit the period for it to finally show up on the post.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
What is the definition of “within reason?” I had my post edited last night for “rule 13,” and I have no idea what grammatical error I committed. Even when just sending text messages, I usually try to stay on point.

For most people that see the “rule 13” note, it is one of the following: Capitalization of the first word of a sentence and proper nouns, apostrophes if you use a contraction, and appropriate end of sentence punctuation.

I don't want to dwell on this because it is such a negative but I often hear from members how we should cut them a little slack, it is no big deal, it was only one period, we should give them the benefit of the doubt, we go overboard on it, and on and on...

I just went back and did a quick count for this month (October 2019) and we already have 56 members that have violated Rule 13 this month and some of those members violated more than once.

Let that sink in, 56 members in October alone.

So please everyone, do the basics like tbg mentioned above:

Capitalize the first word of a sentence and proper nouns, use an apostrophe if you use a contraction, and be sure to add appropriate end of sentence punctuation, especially on the last sentence of any response.

Thanks,

g