Everybody, pay close attention.

theguru

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am awful at grammar. However, I figured this out and added a grammar keyboard to my web browser called Grammarly. I am not advertising just merely saying if you know you struggle with it find ways to help yourself.

Thanks.

For whatever reason many many BGP Members "refuse" to use punctuation at the end of their sentences.

You know, kindergarten stuff everyone.

Thanks.

For whatever reason many many BGP Members "refuse" to use punctuation at the end of their sentences.

You know, kindergarten stuff everyone.

I get it, and that makes for some serious run on sentences I am sure. I found this website when writing papers in college and it stayed on my browser helps me tremendously.

• 3 weeks later...
Just a tip, whenever I make grammar mistakes it is when I use the speech-to-text option from my cell phone. I have to bouble check before I hit "submit."

Good one PP1.

Yes everyone, using speech-to-text gets a lot of people in trouble and leaving the period off the last sentence appears to be standard when posting from a phone meaning you have to take an extra second to add your period.

Frankly, this is kindergarten stuff everyone, but if you don't do it we will be parting ways.

• 3 weeks later...

8 more violations of this just today.

Everyone, please make sure you add sentence ending punctuation to the last sentence each time you post. It appears many of you are posting from a device that doesn't do it for you and you keep omitting your periods which is a Rule 13 violation.

8 more violations of this just today.

Everyone, please make sure you add sentence ending punctuation to the last sentence each time you post. It appears many of you are posting from a device that doesn't do it for you and you keep omitting your periods which is a Rule 13 violation.

I stand corrected, it was actually 13 different members that violated this part of Rule 13 today.

• 2 weeks later...
I use speech to text quite often. While using all you have to do is say, comma, period, question mark, exclamation point, or semicolon, and it will put it in place.

ie; ,, ., ?, !, ;,

dd734, did you end your post with a ,? Just smiling and asking. If I could put one of those smiley emojis on this post, I would. But, I am a dinosaur and just happy to do what I do with a worn-out mind and a worn-out stylus.