Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

16th Region Girls Basketball

Featured Replies

How does everyone see things in the 16th

this year?

I'll take Rowan vs. Rose Hill in the regional championship with Russell right up there with them.

I think that although not the favorites that the Raceland "Lady Rams" might have something to say before it is all said and done. Raceland has A LOT coming back this year, are very well coached and with Seals, the Porter girls and Vanderhoof they will be a factor. This could be a very special season for the Lady Rams.

I think that although not the favorites that the Raceland "Lady Rams" might have something to say before it is all said and done. Raceland has A LOT coming back this year, are very well coached and with Seals, the Porter girls and Vanderhoof they will be a factor. This could be a very special season for the Lady Rams.

I'm not being anti-Ram here, but really, oldrambler, do you indeed think that they're "very well coached"? I'm curious on what you're opinion is of your coach and his experience. Again, not trying to say he's not a quality coach, only interested in your opinion.

I Russell vs either Rose Hill or Rowan in the regional championship.

I'm not being anti-Ram here, but really, oldrambler, do you indeed think that they're "very well coached"? I'm curious on what you're opinion is of your coach and his experience. Again, not trying to say he's not a quality coach, only interested in your opinion.

Yes I do think that the Lady Rams are very well coached 6shot. Bob Trimble imo is well qualified and does an excellent job. Coach Trimble was an assistant with the boys program for a number of years and served the "interim" head coach for the Rams at one point for a short time. (Imo coach Trimble should have had the "interim" label taken off and been named the Boys varsity head coach but that is another story that I won't get into). Coach Trimble is well respected by the Raceland admin/teachers and students alike. His players resect him and play 110% at all times for him. Coach Trimble also has some very good assistants working under him. Kandi Parker (former WCHS/MSU/ Ky. girls b.b. p.o.y. and daughter of the late "Hop" Brown - long time and great coach of WCHS Lady Comets) is one of the asistants that helps with the Raceland Lady Rams. So all in all I believe that the Lady Rams coaching is in very good shape.

Yes I do think that the Lady Rams are very well coached 6shot. Bob Trimble imo is well qualified and does an excellent job. Coach Trimble was an assistant with the boys program for a number of years and served the "interim" head coach for the Rams at one point for a short time. (Imo coach Trimble should have had the "interim" label taken off and been named the Boys varsity head coach but that is another story that I won't get into). Coach Trimble is well respected by the Raceland admin/teachers and students alike. His players resect him and play 110% at all times for him. Coach Trimble also has some very good assistants working under him. Kandi Parker (former WCHS/MSU/ Ky. girls b.b. p.o.y. and daughter of the late "Hop" Brown - long time and great coach of WCHS Lady Comets) is one of the asistants that helps with the Raceland Lady Rams. So all in all I believe that the Lady Rams coaching is in very good shape.

:thumb: Thanks, just curious, because with the talent (barring injuries again) there should be much to look forward to in Ram country. So, what I'm getting at is that his ability or inability to get the group to where they need to be may be heavily scrutinized. Sadly, the way they finish is how his coaching job will be evaluated, regardless how well they were coached. It's the day and times in which we live, good luck there in Ramland!

:thumb: Thanks, just curious, because with the talent (barring injuries again) there should be much to look forward to in Ram country. So, what I'm getting at is that his ability or inability to get the group to where they need to be may be heavily scrutinized. Sadly, the way they finish is how his coaching job will be evaluated, regardless how well they were coached. It's the day and times in which we live, good luck there in Ramland!

:thumb: Imo coaches get too much of the credit sometimes for a win and too much of the blame for a loss. That is a coaches life, fair or not.;)

My top 5 is

 

1 Rose Hill

2 Russell

3 Rowan Co

4 Raceland

5 Fleming Co

:thumb: Imo coaches get too much of the credit sometimes for a win and too much of the blame for a loss. That is a coaches life, fair or not.;)

 

I think statement is backwards. Coaches always get the blame for losses. The good ones take the blame upon themselves. While players are almost always praised for wins, with the coach standing in the background. Just my opinion.

Trimble and staff have shown themselves to be top class. The Aries League ran by them this summer helped all the area teams as well as their own. They have the respect and admiration of the girls, who are really working hard. The Lady Rams will have a very successful season this year, IMO.

I think statement is backwards. Coaches always get the blame for losses. The good ones take the blame upon themselves. While players are almost always praised for wins, with the coach standing in the background. Just my opinion.

:thumb: Imo your statement is also correct. Having coached youth and some jr. high sports in the past and having had h.s. varsity coaches in my family I know all too well what scrutiny a coach goes through.

Rose Hill to lose and some of the girls will HAVE to stay focused for them to get back to Bowling Green.

I dont think Boyd has much of a team this year. I've seen them scrimage a few times, they seem young and small. Coach Fraley is a great coach and always makes the best of what he has. The team is going to Vegas over christmas break, that should be fun for the girls.

1 Rose Hill

2 Russell

3 Raceland

4 Rowan Co

5 West Carter

 

This is the first time in a while that I think the region is very top heavy.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.