2018-19 Deer Season

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We used to grind up most of ours but recently have been doing a lot of chops/steaks. The breakfast sausage is very expensive to make. Had some chops the other night we used in a stew. Soaked them in milk over night and couldn't tell the difference between them and the beef in the pot.

I made the breakfast sausage by grinding one pound of bacon with 3 pounds of venison, then adding a bunch of spices. It tastes pretty good!

I also made a crap load of goetta as well. It turned out pretty good as well.

First of all I am thrilled to see that you are able to get out and do some hunting, and then to bag a major league buck, has to be icing on the cake.

Thanks Mustang, finally getting a 4 wheeler has made it much, much easier to get in and out of the field. I still hate the fact I have to call someone to help me when I take one.

Thanks Mustang, finally getting a 4 wheeler has made it much, much easier to get in and out of the field. I still hate the fact I have to call someone to help me when I take one.

That is a good problem, and I am sure they are more than willing and happy to help. I'm happy for you!!!