2018-19 Deer Season

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For those of us who partake in this wonderful activity of deer hunting, i hope this year has treated you well (if you’re season is done like mine). For those who will still be out, good luck. Looking forward to next year and already trying to figure out how to better the land I hunt.

Finally, after putting in every bit of 50 hours in the woods this week and seeing nothing, I was able to take this guy this morning. He was after a doe. Got him to stop long enough to lay the hammer. [ATTACH]67511[/ATTACH]

Finally, a quiet backseat driver!

I’m so glad some of you have had a good season so far!

I did end up buying a muzzle loader for the fun of it. I hope to punch another doe tag next week at Taylorsville lake.

Anyone have experience hunting WMAs late season with a muzzle loader?

What kind of ML did you get? I’m looking into getting one but not sure which way to go.

• 1 month later...

Well I started the season with a kill on opening day, and ended with a kill on the last day.

I’m really pumped because it was at Taylorsville lake, and one of my goals was to harvest a deer on public land.

Unfortunately, I think my arrow hit a branch because the shot was way back. The deer took off like a bat out of hell, and after tracking for a bit in the evening, I went back the next morning. I recovered the deer after about 300 yards laying in a creek. I was seriously lucky there was snow on the ground or I don’t think I would have found it. The trail was specs of blood at times.

It actually ended up being a button buck, but I’m still super happy with it.

Congrats on a great season Thrills !! Always good to set goals , sometimes we reach them and sometimes we don’t but there is always next year to go after them . I was fortunate to have a pretty good season myself with my bow . Got a 142 inch 8 point , a coyote , a big doe and a triple bearded turkey. The turkey and doe I got on video. So that was pretty cool . My son got a nice 9 point with his crossbow on Christmas Day also . So all in all a great season from our part of the state . Congrats to all that had good seasons this year .