Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bengals cut Safety

Featured Replies

Say it is a money move. Could be, but why not Michael Johnson, lots more depth at that position. Iloka is pretty outspoken on social issues on Twitter, although not outlandish. Makes me wonder. Bengals also wasn’t too happy with his play last year. They seenm to like Bates. Regardless, he will be picked up soon.

I thought he was always overrated.

 

I kinda agree with you. Seemed like he was out of position alot, but that could have been the scheme so you never know.

I don’t have a problem with the move, but why now?

I don’t have a problem with the move, but why now?

 

I'm guessing they seem enough from Bates and the other young safeties like Brandon Wilson and I forget the guys name but he is an undrafted safety from Hawaii they like a lot. That they are comfortable with them now and it made Illoka now expendable. Plus saves them more money to hopefully extend Atkins or Dunlap before this season starts. Especially if they still end up cutting Michael Johnson, then they definitely should be able to.

When should they cut him?

He started the first 2 pre season games. Just seems sort of odd timing to me. Usually when a veteran like Iloka gets cut it’s early in camp so the player will have an easier time finding a landing spot. I mean why start him in the pre season just to cut him?

He started the first 2 pre season games. Just seems sort of odd timing to me. Usually when a veteran like Iloka gets cut it’s early in camp so the player will have an easier time finding a landing spot. I mean why start him in the pre season just to cut him?

 

As FC said above, I think they had to see the other guys in action first. Now that they have seen Bates in two games, they are going with him and cut Iloka to save salary and give him a chance to sign elsewhere.

I kinda agree with you. Seemed like he was out of position alot, but that could have been the scheme so you never know.

 

Reggie Nelson made Iloka a lot of money, when Reggie left Iloka was exposed.

Cleveland or Pittsburgh will sign him.

 

Thank God, that gives the Bengals a chance to win those games

Thank God, that gives the Bengals a chance to win those games

LOL, that might be more true than a lot of people think! Signed with Zim.

Iloka is a better fit in Zimmer's scheme and playing next to Harrison Smith than next to Shawn Williams

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.