HHS/CovCath JV

Just heard HHS lost on a last second hail mary for a TD with 3 seconds left. Here's the kicker(no pun intended) Highlands took a safety and then on the free kick they decided to squib(sp) kick it and give it to CCH on the 40 yard line. Does this sound familiar,What The Heck Is Going On People!!!!!! Play like you are the best program in the state, not some back yard football team. We need to get it together real quick or it's going to be a long winter.:madman:

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No here is the real kicker, the Cov Cath. receiver had both knees on the ground at the 1 yard line, then falls forward and puts the ball on the goal line. It was still called a TD.

Serious home town call. The referees for the game had no control the entire game. Kids getting hit by players that were not even in the game on the sidelines, shoves from both sides after the whistle etc... This squad of refs needs to be taken out of this level of ball and should be back in pee wee league.

No here is the real kicker, the Cov Cath. receiver had both knees on the ground at the 1 yard line, then falls forward and puts the ball on the goal line. It was still called a TD.

Serious home town call. The referees for the game had no control the entire game. Kids getting hit by players that were not even in the game on the sidelines, shoves from both sides after the whistle etc... This squad of refs needs to be taken out of this level of ball and should be back in pee wee league.

Some calls when to HHS as well, like when held the cch running back up for about 5 secs, and forward progress should have been called and they stripped the ball. Or how about when the Highlands players were constently hitting the CCH players in the pile? Very bad sportsmanship by HHS. Nice Jobs colonels.

If your going to get on here and say the refs gave a home town call you should really get your facts strait first. I wasn't close enough to the final play to determine whether it was a good call or not, but the Highlands players were getting away with plenty stuff. They were trash-talking and taking cheap hits all day, and CovCath got one of their best recievers ejected for just standing there on the sidelines listening to the Highlands player that got ejected talk trash to him. I think the Colonel reciever showed great class in not retaliating which is something that most people couldnt have done with what was being said to him.

I was not in attendance. Frankly I am surprised that they played this game. I don,t think the 2 teams have played the last couple of years. Now I think we know why. All players have to know when to control themselves regardless of the situation. From what I have heard from someone in attendance, the decsion to sqib kick after the safety was shakey at best. I will not question coaching at this level as I am sure their were numerous plays throughout the game that affected the outcome.

Without a doubt the best hit of the game was by #84 on HHS's #42. WOW!!! He absolutely just blew him up. Oh, by the way, #84 was a bystander on the sideline when it happened. All the homers, watch the film if you didn't see it. I'm sure there was plenty of trash talking going on on both sides and plenty of (so called cheap shots) by both sides, but c'mon get real, if anyone and I mean anyone truely believes that that wasn't a major cheap shot then take off your blue blinders. "With A Spirit That Will Not Die"! LOL