St Louis Cardinals World Series Champions

gametime

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Larussa is a great manager and coach and deserves every bit of success he's had.

Nope. Not a Cardinal fan. Just giving the man his due when it's deserved.

I didn't say that he wasn't deserving . I said that for the life of me I couldn't give him congrats.:D

What a game. The atmosphere at Busch was amazing. Weaver pitched an outstanding game and the offense stepped up when it needed to. I really hope they make Wainright the full time closer. I got the oppritunity to see my favorite team win the series live and it was awesome:ylsuper:

mecards.jpg

scoreboard.jpg

What a game. The atmosphere at Busch was amazing. Weaver pitched an outstanding game and the offense stepped up when it needed to. I really hope they make Wainright the full time closer. I got the oppritunity to see my favorite team win the series live and it was awesome:ylsuper:
They were talking on t.v. that Wainright maybe a starter next season. I think he should be the closer also.

Who should be the MVP? Eckstien(sp) or Weaver?

I'd vote LaRussa. I'm not a big Tony LaRussa fan but I think one of the big keys to the whole series was the way he handled the Kenny Rogers ordeal with the pine tar. He kept everyone focused on the games and didn't let it turn into a circus.

Its hard to believe the Reds were that close to winning the division and the Cards end up winning the whole thing. Congrats....the turning point in the series IMO was when the Tigers pitched to Pujols in Game 1 with an open 1st base. If there is one person in baseball that you should feel threatened by every time he steps up to the plate... it is Albert Pujols. He owns anyone that he wants to own.