Reds at Cubs (7/6 - 7/8)

Obviously, you have never played baseball. If he is a good a hitter as you say, and he is, his chances on 2-1 are just as good as 2-0. Honestly, you have never heard a coach say take one or make him throw you a strike. I am turning 60 and you just be younger. The game is played much differently than 30 years ago.

I played baseball and have coached baseball. 2-0 is a hitters count. Telling a hitter to take what may be the best pitch they see is foolish.

It’s obvious you have a hatred of JDV as much as you say you don’t. But look at the number of people telling you you’re wrong. Maybe you’ll figure it out one day.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Obviously, you have never played baseball. If he is a good a hitter as you say, and he is, his chances on 2-1 are just as good as 2-0. Honestly, you have never heard a coach say take one or make him throw you a strike. I am turning 60 and you just be younger. The game is played much differently than 30 years ago.

Thats what you tell little leaguers and high school kids.

Your thoughts on Votto have become more comedic relief more than anything else.

Garrett just walked the 7th and 8th batters in the lineup. Neither one on them swung on 2-0 or even 3-1 counts because they made him throw a strike and both walked. I honestly am amazed that people on here don't understand my point. It does not matter if you are the best hitter or the worse. You take on 2-0, down one in the ninth inning. By him swinging, tells you he would rather get a hit than try to work a walk. I can not explain it any better.

This is just funny people complain when Votto walks to much. People complain when he swings at a pitch on a hitter's count. Basically lose lose for him with some people.

No problem at all with him swinging at a 2 0 count down one run. If they were down 4 then maybe you have a point. However they were one swing away from a tie game with one of the best hitters in baseball over the last 10 years. I am fine with him swinging. I really doubt you come on here and say after he hit a double or homerun in that situation. Well nice hit but he shouldn't have swung. Its very ways to criticize when it doesnt work out. One run game I am good with swinging. 4 run game if they need a big inning in the last inning. Then yes make him throw a strike.

Just know how I was taught but that it was in the 70's and 80's. I always it was my job to get on base as it was Votto's yesterday before Scooter and Suarez. Nobody thought Votto was going to hit a HR, did you? Like I said different time and game has changed.

He is a Home Run hitter, Votto is not. You did not mention that they said he did not like hitting on 3-0 and that was his first hit all year on 3-0. Please tell the whole story. If Votto would have drew a walk yesterday, that may have happened yesterday and it is not the last inning.