Reds at Cubs (7/6 - 7/8)

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hernandez groves Baez on 0-2 to give up gave tying hit. Hamilton was lazy and lob the ball back to the infield and Heyward scores from first base. Hamilton learned nothing from earlier in the game. It amazes me how Baez just wears us out. One player from every team Reds just can't get out.

In true Reds fashion, Hughes gives up a hit to some guy named Bote and promptly wild pitches him to second. Then give up a single to Almora then Heyward hits a grounder to Votto, who throws home and the runner goes back to third and we get nobody out. Now Baez is up and grounds into a force out at home. Caseli made a good scoop but foot may been off the plate.

I am sure all you guys will defend Votto again but Cubs just hit routine ground ball to him and when he runs to the bag, tries to take the ball out of his glove and bobbles it for an error on another routine play. Cubs have bases loaded again. These kind of plays are way to frequent.

Stephens walks in the winning run. Another loss that Votto defense had another big hand in. I really don't understand because Votto is way too good to make these bone headed plays. Reds gave away two straight games to the Cubs.

He is a Home Run hitter, Votto is not. You did not mention that they said he did not like hitting on 3-0 and that was his first hit all year on 3-0. Please tell the whole story. If Votto would have drew a walk yesterday, that may have happened yesterday and it is not the last inning.

Ok, so for in the future that I’m clear, which batters are you ok with swinging on a 3-0 or 2-0 count down a run. Obviously you don’t like the guy batting .580 but ok with Suarez who has never done it.

In this thread, I cannot find one person who agrees with your superior baseball sense.

Now that my short streak is over as a thread starter, I will be joining several others and taking a hiatus from these threads. They are no longer enjoyable.

I’m with you. Time for a break. I’ll just watch on my own and leave the threads for people to complain.

Nice run there MJ.

Now that my short streak is over as a thread starter, I will be joining several others and taking a hiatus from these threads. They are no longer enjoyable.

Well done on a good run skip. You have earned the break.

And you are also correct that these threads are no longer enjoyable.