Cubs at Reds (6/21 - 6/24)

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One out away from a quality start. Tough crowd.

Not really. This guy was supposed to be the "anchor" of the staff and he has had maybe one or two really good starts. Pitching 5 or 6 innings to me is not a quality start and I think that is one of the big problems with major league baseball.

Not really. This guy was supposed to be the "anchor" of the staff and he has had maybe one or two really good starts. Pitching 5 or 6 innings to me is not a quality start and I think that is one of the big problems with major league baseball.

He’s had a number of good starts and a number of bad starts. He’s very young and still figuring it out. I’ll take 6 innings if 3 run ball anyday.

I don't know a single person that follows baseball at all who predicted Castillo was going to be an anchor on this year's staff. He's 25 and had less than 90 MLB innings coming into this year. Tonight was his 30th career start. Give him a chance.

Good Lord y'all...a guy who hasn't even had a full year in the majors is supposed to be an ace? And you're criticizing a guy's approach at the plate who's career BA is in the top 100 of ALL TIME, and his OBP is knocking on the top 10 in the history of the sport? Geez, tough crowd.

I'm assuming you guys have signed the petition to have Cy Young's name removed from the award for the best pitcher, because that scrub lost more games than anybody else.

I heard on the radio yesterday that if the Reds won last night they would be at .500 minus the 3-18 start. Thoughts on what has changed?

Reds can't start season with 10 players on the DL and mostly pitchers. And of course, Votto plays dead every April.