Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Joe Wynn is the new Newport Football Coach

Featured Replies

Congrats Coach Wynn.

 

I understand he has coached at several NKY schools and I am told he is a great, young Coach.

Joe played for Steve Lickert at Dayton and has been his right hand since. I know he was a big part of the offensive game plan at CCHS and was on the headsets with Lickert this past year. Also I know he took the long road but worked his butt off and sometimes had job, practice, and classes (along with a family) in the same day but recently graduated with his teaching degree.

 

Great example for kids of a guy that comes from not a lot and worked hard to get his shot. Glad for Joe and hope he can make a difference at Newport.

Congrats to Joe! Sounds like a fine young man and just the person to lead the Wildcats. Really happy for the Newport community.

 

Have to ask though...Juan McDay?

Congrats to Joe! Sounds like a fine young man and just the person to lead the Wildcats. Really happy for the Newport community.

 

Have to ask though...Juan McDay?

 

Juan was interim HC. I take it to mean that the interim was only a handful of days, and that Juan was basically running their offseason training.

  • Author
Joe played for Steve Lickert at Dayton and has been his right hand since. I know he was a big part of the offensive game plan at CCHS and was on the headsets with Lickert this past year. Also I know he took the long road but worked his butt off and sometimes had job, practice, and classes (along with a family) in the same day but recently graduated with his teaching degree.

 

Great example for kids of a guy that comes from not a lot and worked hard to get his shot. Glad for Joe and hope he can make a difference at Newport.

 

Thanks for adding all of that information. I am excited to see Coach Wynn get this opportunity.

Joe is an amazing coach and communicator with his players. He will be a very successful coach.

Congrats to Joe! Sounds like a fine young man and just the person to lead the Wildcats. Really happy for the Newport community.

 

Have to ask though...Juan McDay?

 

Juan was interim HC. I take it to mean that the interim was only a handful of days, and that Juan was basically running their offseason training.

 

Juan was the middle school coach, hes been there for at least 20 years or so. He stepped up when needed until they found a coach.

Glad for Coach Wynn. I may get to see him in action if the scrimmage between Newport and Boone is still on for August 16, 7 pm, at Boone.

Congrats, Joe!! Couldn't be happier for a great coach and a super guy. Joe has worked his way up the ladder and has earned the right to take the big job. Best of luck, Coach!

Very happy for Joe Wynn. I look for him to do good things as a coach and he will do a lot of good for Newport.

Congrats Coach Wynn! Good luck this year!

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.