Drew Rom goes in 4th round

MJ23

This is a bargain in the 4th round. This kid putting on some muscle and throwing from the legs.... could hit a 100. Always said that he looks like he is barely throwing and hitting 90.

What team do you scout for?

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will he sign or go to Michigan?

Anyone know how much Michigan was giving him? Very rare to get a baseball full ride. Saw his interview on TV. He will be inking a deal to go pro.

Anyone know how much Michigan was giving him? Very rare to get a baseball full ride. Saw his interview on TV. He will be inking a deal to go pro.

I’d be shocked if it were a full ride. My guess is he was getting the customary 1/4-1/2 ride with much of the rest filled in with academic or other scholarship money. Michigan ain’t cheap for an out of stater, so he was likely close to zero cost.

Since it appears he will be signing with Baltimore, will he still be available to pitch during the State Tournament for Highlands? I wasn't sure how these things went with drafted players.

I would assume the signing will not take place until after the tourney ends.

I would assume the signing will not take place until after the tourney ends.

Thanks for the info. I would think, god forbid, he would want to sign as soon as possible in case of injury. I also see the other side though about trying to make a run at state with the guys you have been in the trenches with.

Good luck to Mr. Rom and to Highlands at State.

• 2 weeks later...