St. Xavier 2018

Ram

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any word how the 2 incoming freshmen classes stack up. Saint Xavier’s and Trinity’s.

The Sivori young man is what relation to Chip Sivori ? Where did Chip play ? I have forgotten.

There was Chip Sivori who played for DeSales in 90’s but not sure if related. I know a Frosh coach was happy with some kids they got after Wallace was hired. Haven’t heard anything on Trinity but I’m sure they most likely will be good.

• 4 weeks later...

Stopped by practice this morning. A lot kids out which isn’t a surprise. Watched more of the offense and it’ll be interesting to see how skill players adjust to new offense as they’ll be asked to do somethings they weren’t in years passed. But with the team in just helmets hats to determine how far along they are. Looking forward to the new season and the Wallace era!

Any news on practice today?

No, but they are running split squad practices instead of two a days. 1st practice is basically starters and key reserves. 2nd practice is JV and other reserves. Allows kids who would not get a lot of reps to get reps. Also coaches can evaluate kids better since will dress 100 kids so need to see who top 100 are for travel squad. New concept they are trying out since have 160 kids.

That’s all sophmores, juniors, and seniors. Frosh has 70 and they practice in evening. School has almost 1400 boys so that number not hard to get.

Numbers seem to be up; hope there’s a lot of quality in those high numbers. Splitting up the practices is a great idea especially for a new a HC to get a better feel for his team.