Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2018 Preakness

Featured Replies

That was a heck of a race.

 

Went 7 / All / All.

 

$42 bet yielded $148. Played it 5 times. It was a good day.

Not to brag but I made $1.70 on my $12.00 bet.

That was a heck of a race.

 

Went 7 / All / All.

 

$42 bet yielded $148. Played it 5 times. It was a good day.

 

You had to be a little concerned as the race progressed that Justify was going to get it done. I bet Exacta's, Tri's and Super's with no luck. Left out the horse that ran third. If Good Magic holds on for third I have the tri.

 

Honestly do not think Justify wins the Belmont. Not enough of a base under him to run these three races in that short of time. I honestly can see a full field of 12 or so be willing to challenge him going 1.5 miles.

I agree that I don't see Justify winning the Belmont. It will be interesting to see how many horses run in the Belmont. Usually it has the smallest field but I will be really surprised if the field for the Belmont isn't bigger than the one for the Preakness.

I also believe that Justify will fall in the Belmont. He's a very good horse but I don't think he's good enough to overcome how difficult it will be to run his 3rd race in 5 weeks against fresher horses.

You had to be a little concerned as the race progressed that Justify was going to get it done. I bet Exacta's, Tri's and Super's with no luck. Left out the horse that ran third. If Good Magic holds on for third I have the tri.

 

Honestly do not think Justify wins the Belmont. Not enough of a base under him to run these three races in that short of time. I honestly can see a full field of 12 or so be willing to challenge him going 1.5 miles.

 

Not until the 8 came flying. He had the other 2 beat.

Haven't had time to look into it. Have they said how Justify came out of the race?

Justified didnt run this race at full speed (it almost bit him too.) Needed to give it till the weekend before when we see weather to really tell if he can pull it off or not.

  • Author
Justified didnt run this race at full speed (it almost bit him too.) Needed to give it till the weekend before when we see weather to really tell if he can pull it off or not.

 

You don't think he was all out the last 1/8 of a mile? Smith shook him up coming around the last turn pretty good. Also went to the left hand whip quite a bit down the stretch.

Justified didnt run this race at full speed (it almost bit him too.) Needed to give it till the weekend before when we see weather to really tell if he can pull it off or not.

 

 

He was pushed the whole race. He had to give it everything. He would not have won if he went any other way.

Justify found some guts to hang on. It's dangerous when a runner comes up like that two horses over....he can't see him. Justify will have some fresh competition in the Belmont, and it may be too much. I have transported one of those, Blended Citizen from Keeneland to Churchill and to the airport where he flew to New York and won the Peter Pan with a tremendous stretch run. This could be a horse to go the distance.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.