Somerset 2018

Ram

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know parents want what they believe is best for their kids, but they so often ruin everything with their input and actions.

It goes further than that, parents think their little johnny or jill is special, and doesn't have to conform to what everyone else is doing or what is required to be a part of something. When johnny's and jill's all grow up its chaos, cause thats all they know.

Topic for another thread.

Parents only care about one kid. Coaches care about a full roster of kids. Conflicts are inevitable, especially with parental bias in the mix.

The thing that has always boggled my mind is kids have a very short and precious window of time to participate in sports. I would never let my feelings about a coach keep my child from playing a sport they want to play. I have no clue about anything happening at Somerset. These are just my thoughts in general about all kids and high school sports.

Wont happen. Superintendents wont let it happen.

After reading some of the twitter comments from the HC from Pulaski calling Somerset out and Somerset responding that they have cleared their sched for the game.

It’s a Twitter war through the newspaper site.

Just to be clear about the situation between Somerset and the county schools, for various reasons they've not played either one for a few years. After a couple of contentious transfers between the schools, Southwestern came out last year and said they will no longer play Somerset in any sport during the regular season. Somerset AD sent a letter to the new AD at SW a few weeks ago asking for the schools to resume playing and SW refused. Then out of the blue PC football coach cancels JV games with Somerset until they play them in Varsity football. Somerset AD sent Pulaski a letter this week saying they have cleared a week off of next year's schedule and are willing to play them home and home.

Now we are all caught up on that mess and can go back to discussing this year's team.

Just to be clear about the situation between Somerset and the county schools, for various reasons they've not played either one for a few years. After a couple of contentious transfers between the schools, Southwestern came out last year and said they will no longer play Somerset in any sport during the regular season. Somerset AD sent a letter to the new AD at SW a few weeks ago asking for the schools to resume playing and SW refused. Then out of the blue PC football coach cancels JV games with Somerset until they play them in Varsity football. Somerset AD sent Pulaski a letter this week saying they have cleared a week off of next year's schedule and are willing to play them home and home.

Now we are all caught up on that mess and can go back to discussing this year's team.

See post 23.