Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

10TH Region

Featured Replies

  • Replies 115
  • Views 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What would you think wold be the score between GRC and BB? If they played regular season and Regionals?

Not sure...don't know much about BB. Also will need Tristian Jones back...not many if any one in the region will be able to handle him. Also have had reports on some real improvement on several GRC players...will provide great bench depth. I see GRC doing like they did last year...showing what they really have around mid-Feburary.

Also I am excited to see how Mike Flynn does at Bourbon Co....may take a few years.

Is Brossart still inthe same District with Bracken County? If so, they may not make it out of the District.:laugh:

 

Wow--Isn't this one about worn out yet?? :sleep:

Wow--Isn't this one about worn out yet?? :sleep:

I think that this is what they are talking about when they say that if you made that bed - you've got to sleep in it.

 

Thankfully, Bracken County and we are no longer in the same district - We're saved!!!!

I have to say I think Preston Knowles is going to lead GRC to win the disrict. Knowles has all the tools to lead a team like that trust me. GO CARDS!!!

Look for PC and Montgomery to be a solid 4th and make a run at season's end.

Look for PC and Montgomery to be a solid 4th and make a run at season's end.

 

I don't know anything about Montgomery, but PC is not the 4th best team in the 10th region. They have only one good returning player in Belcher.

They will be lucky to reach .500 this season.

Brossart still has to show me a lot this season. I don't know if they have the mental toughness to come back in games where they get down by 7 or 8 in the second half. Too many times in the last 3 years, I saw these guys hanging their heads in the second half when facing a similar deficit.

 

I'm just not sold yet...

 

I like Mason County this year.

 

I'll ley you know more on my opinion when the MCIT rolls around. Brossart needs to regain that dominence that they had in the early years when they joined the 10th Region.

Brossart still has to show me a lot this season. I don't know if they have the mental toughness to come back in games where they get down by 7 or 8 in the second half. Too many times in the last 3 years, I saw these guys hanging their heads in the second half when facing a similar deficit.

 

I'm just not sold yet...

 

I like Mason County this year.

 

I'll ley you know more on my opinion when the MCIT rolls around. Brossart needs to regain that dominence that they had in the early years when they joined the 10th Region.

When they won the Regional Championship once?

When they won the Regional Championship once?

They had dominence in the Fieldhouse and that is what I meant, just didn't post it that way (1998-2000). They only lost 2 or 3 games in the Fieldhouse during that span.

 

Don't get me wrong, I'm a Brossart supporter. But I just haven't seen the mental toughness at Brossart that was there before.

I just haven't seen the mental toughness at Brossart that was there before.
Let's assume for a moment that Mark Mains' AAU coup fails to land Patrick Elliot from Jackson County in a Wildcat uniform in 04-05, giving them the big man presence needed to neutralize the Mustang inside game.

 

The 2004-05 (Smith, McDole, Schenk, Anderson, Reilly, McCarthy, and Cooper) Mustangs then cruise through 38th District and the 10th Region Tournament, win big on Saturday night in the Fieldhouse and go on to play in Rupp.

 

Meanwhile, their "little brother" '07 Mustangs are busy winning the 10th Region Freshmen Tournament in 03-04, going 23-0 while winning the JV MCIT and 38th JV District Tournaments as well as the NKAC Division II title in 04-05 as sophs, and then last year playing a varsity season where they win the Ashland Invitational, the 37th District Tournament, and lose in the 10th Semis (along with Brad Seiter, Adam Franzen, and Kyle Lubbers) in preparation for embarking on a title run their senior year in 06-07.

 

Excuse me, but if Mr. Elliot doesn't transfer to PCo to bolster that Wildcat lineup - would we be questioning the mental toughness of a program and a bunch of guys who have done nothing but succeed in their three years here????

 

Sorry LC, we normally agree but in this case - I think not! :p

They had dominence in the Fieldhouse and that is what I meant, just didn't post it that way (1998-2000). They only lost 2 or 3 games in the Fieldhouse during that span.

 

Don't get me wrong, I'm a Brossart supporter. But I just haven't seen the mental toughness at Brossart that was there before.

 

Those were some great Brossart teams, but they didn't have to face Pendleton's career best teams or a kid named Lofton from Mason!! They also included a couple of kids named Seiter, who were among the best to ever wear the green and white!!

 

Per Mustang's point, let's reserve judgement on the '07 edition; and if they underachieve (which to date they haven't), then question their mental toughness!!

Brossart still has to show me a lot this season. I don't know if they have the mental toughness to come back in games where they get down by 7 or 8 in the second half. Too many times in the last 3 years, I saw these guys hanging their heads in the second half when facing a similar deficit.

 

I'm just not sold yet...

 

I like Mason County this year.

 

I'll ley you know more on my opinion when the MCIT rolls around. Brossart needs to regain that dominence that they had in the early years when they joined the 10th Region.

 

I'm assuming you're refering to this year's seniors, and I'm a little puzzled about your comments; as I know you're quite familiar with this group?? As freshmen they went 24-2, won everything in sight, including the district and region; with their only losses coming by 4 points to Cincinnati Elder and by 1 to Scott County in the LexCath finals (this group is now pre-season #1 in the state as seniors)!! As sophs they were 23-0 as JV's, winning the district, MCIT, and the NKAC Division II championship; again defeating all their 9th & 10th (Northern KY) opponents, including 9th region JV champ-CovCath. As juniors, they helped compile a 19-12 varsity record, which by their standards was lackluster; but included winning the Ashland Invitational, 37th district, All "A" 10th region title, and made the semi-finals of the 10th region before falling by 5 to evential champion Mason County!! The other part of the '07 group was busy compling a 17-7 record as JV's against a fine schedule, and winning their fourth consecutive 37th region title, in what most thought would be a "rebuilding year".

 

All-in-all I'm not sure where they qualify as lacking in "mental toughness", and while not undefeated, I doubt you'll find many opponents who think this group "hangs their heads" when facing adversity?? They may not win squat this year, but I'll guarentee they will battle the entire way; and the opponent will know they were in a game when it's over!!

Let's assume for a moment that Mark Mains' AAU coup fails to land Patrick Elliot from Jackson County in a Wildcat uniform in 04-05, giving them the big man presence needed to neutralize the Mustang inside game.

 

The 2004-05 (Smith, McDole, Schenk, Anderson, Reilly, McCarthy, and Cooper) Mustangs then cruise through 38th District and the 10th Region Tournament, win big on Saturday night in the Fieldhouse and go on to play in Rupp.

 

Meanwhile, their "little brother" '07 Mustangs are busy winning the 10th Region Freshmen Tournament in 03-04, going 23-0 while winning the JV MCIT and 38th JV District Tournaments as well as the NKAC Division II title in 04-05 as sophs, and then last year playing a varsity season where they win the Ashland Invitational, the 37th District Tournament, and lose in the 10th Semis (along with Brad Seiter, Adam Franzen, and Kyle Lubbers) in preparation for embarking on a title run their senior year in 06-07.

 

Excuse me, but if Mr. Elliot doesn't transfer to PCo to bolster that Wildcat lineup - would we be questioning the mental toughness of a program and a bunch of guys who have done nothing but succeed in their three years here????

 

Sorry LC, we normally agree but in this case - I think not! :p

 

 

OR maybe PC hadn't given his Mom a job......I think the 6'8" Kane Belcher would have had a lot more impact than he did in the last 2 years. Don't use the "Troy Cooper" arguement because nobody but Brossart has had a 6'5" strongman to push him around.

OR maybe PC hadn't given his Mom a job.......
All part of the same package!

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.