Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

10TH Region

Featured Replies

  • Replies 115
  • Views 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So mustang if and when GRC wins it this year will it be only because of Jones and Rogers transferring in from Fleming County. They knocked out PC last year and no one from PC complained about it. Catholic schools recruit every student they have by nature. It is how the exist. One public school gets a transfer student and it is an AAU coup?

I agree that Mason Will be the team to beat but by no means will they dominate the region... GRC will be tough, but for all the Brossart non believers i am one right here, they are a very big strong physical team, and alot of the teams arent very big but Brossart returns a 6"5 PF and a 6'6 center and thier advantage will be their strenth inside i look for them to lose very little and win alot of games...I dont believe PC will be very good, Belcher is the only player that is returning with alot of varsity experiance.....I like Harrison and Scott two teams that are returning 2 starters and like to shoot the three ball.......I look for Harrison and Scott to be in the top 5 bye the end of year this season....

So mustang if and when GRC wins it this year will it be only because of Jones and Rogers transferring in from Fleming County. They knocked out PC last year and no one from PC complained about it. Catholic schools recruit every student they have by nature. It is how the exist. One public school gets a transfer student and it is an AAU coup?

 

As I stated above: "My intent wasn't to drag out old skeletons, and or "bash" PCo. It was intended to state that if things had gone well for the '05 Mustangs team, would anyone be challenging the mental toughness of the '07 team."

 

I think that there are many different reasons/circumstances surrounding transfers etc.. I have no idea, nor do I care about how Jones or Roberts arrived at GRC. I stated my opinion on how and why one Patrick Elliot arrived at PCo.

 

If the Cards win it this year, we will be among the first to congratulate Coach Humphries with no strings attached.

I agree with congratulating GRC with no strings attached if they indeed win it. Do the same with PC for 05. I assure you PC congratulated GRC after the defeat last year despite having two "transfers" in the lineup. Brossart should have a tough team this year no doubt. They may even win it as well. IF they do I will congratulate you Mustang with no strings attached, even though every player and student in your building is recruited because again that is what private schools have to do to compete. not just for basketball but for survival. Jog your memory a little further back to 04 MCIT PC beat Brossart 69-62 without Elliott and Brossart had Rhoden who I believe was 7' tall.

Jog your memory a little further back to 04 MCIT PC beat Brossart 69-62 without Elliott and Brossart had Rhoden who I believe was 7' tall.
Point well taken!
I agree with congratulating GRC with no strings attached if they indeed win it. Do the same with PC for 05. I assure you PC congratulated GRC after the defeat last year despite having two "transfers" in the lineup. Brossart should have a tough team this year no doubt. They may even win it as well. IF they do I will congratulate you Mustang with no strings attached, even though every player and student in your building is recruited because again that is what private schools have to do to compete. not just for basketball but for survival. Jog your memory a little further back to 04 MCIT PC beat Brossart 69-62 without Elliott and Brossart had Rhoden who I believe was 7' tall.

Stinger, your way off. Can Brossart recruit? Yes. They have one day where 8th graders get to come through for an open house. Do they recieve things, yes. They get pamphlets and pens. Hooray.

 

Brossart also has this thing called feeder schools. These feeder schools are St. Joseph (Cold Spring), St. Peter & Paul, St. Phillips, St. Joseph (Camp Springs), and St. Mary. For this Brossart Open House, all these schools can attend. It's not like Brossart is walking the halls of Campbell County Public Schools and handing out stuff.

 

As A matter of fact when I attended Bishop Brossart, there wasn't one kid who was from out of these feeder schools who attended Bishop Brossart. Brossart has this open house to keep kids from going to other Catholic Schools (ie. CovCath, NewCath).

Stinger, your way off. Can Brossart recruit? Yes. They have one day where 8th graders get to come through for an open house. Do they recieve things, yes. They get pamphlets and pens. Hooray.

 

Brossart also has this thing called feeder schools. These feeder schools are St. Joseph (Cold Spring), St. Peter & Paul, St. Phillips, St. Joseph (Camp Springs), and St. Mary. For this Brossart Open House, all these schools can attend. It's not like Brossart is walking the halls of Campbell County Public Schools and handing out stuff.

 

As A matter of fact when I attended Bishop Brossart, there wasn't one kid who was from out of these feeder schools who attended Bishop Brossart. Brossart has this open house to keep kids from going to other Catholic Schools (ie. CovCath, NewCath).

 

 

They missed the Brannan (SP?) Bros. who went to St. Mary's.

Point well taken!

 

 

That 7 footer went to the great Catholic feeder system of Campbell COunty. In fact he hit a shot to win the tournament for them in the 8th grade. It's a shame he went to Brossart. Maybe he would have got minutes at CCHS.

I never said they were walking the halls of Campbell Co. high school. They have several feeder schools that they compete for kids along with other catholic high schools. I went to catholic schools for 12 years. They have to recruit and retain kids to survive. Butts is seats mean tuition dollars, that donations, and fundraisers are what fund the schools. Why is it:confused: ok for GRC to get transfers but not PC?

That 7 footer went to the great Catholic feeder system of Campbell COunty. In fact he hit a shot to win the tournament for them in the 8th grade. It's a shame he went to Brossart. Maybe he would have got minutes at CCHS.

 

 

Maybe having five brothers including four while he was in high school attend Brossart enticed one to go to school with his family.

I never said they were walking the halls of Campbell Co. high school. They have several feeder schools that they compete for kids along with other catholic high schools. I went to catholic schools for 12 years. They have to recruit and retain kids to survive. Butts is seats mean tuition dollars, that donations, and fundraisers are what fund the schools. Why is it:confused: ok for GRC to get transfers but not PC?

Noone was arguing this point, it was simply brought up, can we move on.

They missed the Brannan (SP?) Bros. who went to St. Mary's.

They missed out on the Listermans too, Kevin and Andy went to St. Marys. I don't think that there was ever any doubt as to where they were going though. Pops had something to say about that.

No doubt Brossart will have a great team this year. As far as the mental toughness thing goes the only thing i could understand is if your talking about their inside talent. They may have the most mentally fierce competitor in Kentucky though at guard in Jimmy Uebel. Saying they don't have the mental toughness to come back from an 8 point deficeit in the second half is just ridiculous though.

Maybe having five brothers including four while he was in high school attend Brossart enticed one to go to school with his family.

 

 

Maybe Pat Elliot's mom getting a job in PC was the reason he was ALLOWED to transfer there. Oh wait..... it was.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.